• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm pregnant and don't feel pretty :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

I don't feel nearly as pretty as I was before, and I intuitively know I'm having a girl because I feel like the beauty is just being sucked out of me.  I am happy as anything and I would LOVE to have a little girl!  But my skin is more pale.  My golden blonde hair has darkened a little.  And I have gained a little weight (it looks like I've pigged out on cookies or something).  DH has had no trouble pointing it out to me.  :(  He asked me what is with my physical appearance and told me I'm not even trying.  :(

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bigmetalchicken
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Well, if it helps, no one is attractive when they are pregnant. I have never, ever looked at a pregnant woman and thought anything but, "Wow, those people who say pregnancy is beautiful are dirty liars."

Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Go to wal mart, you will feel like a super model.

Popsicle_Feet
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:01 PM

agreed. I am 4 months and my feet are fat, I no longer have ankles. 

My husband likes to push my skin down and watch it stay like that. . . lol

kysmama08
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Your dh does know that you're pregnant right and things change? He sounds like an ass if he's pointing that out to you to make you feel worse. 

WesAndNicksMom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:04 PM
Your husband sounds like a jerk. I'm six months pregnant, I've gained ten pounds, I'm super pale and I have pregnancy acne but my SO still tells me that I'm gorgeous.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:08 PM

I was beautiful when I was pregnant with my DS.  I have to say I really had that glow.  Not the case now with my second pregnancy.  :/

My DH sometimes says things that don't come out right.  I know he doesn't really mean it.  He doesn't expect too much from me, but one thing he does expect is for me to remain desirable to him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:11 PM
I'm sure you're gorgeous sweetie..buy you something nice and do a girls lunch with some friends that always helps me.
AnastasiaKorsh
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:15 PM
Your husband sounds like a dick. Wtf.
Momniscient
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:18 PM
Your husband sounds like a jackass.

Hormones wreak all kinds of havoc. And part of that is feeling crappy about apoearance. It can be rough.

Go get a pedicure and pamper yourself a bit. Buy some cute maternity clothes and tell your husband to knock it off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Xoxo girls!  Thank you.  My husband is really not a jerk, I promise.  He's one of the best men in the world!!  The only thing is he can say rash things at times.  He provides a life for me that I get to live like a queen.  I don't work.  I don't have to clean.  Very little is expected of me.  And he himself is gorgeous.  So what he does always expect is for me to be physically and sexually desirable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)