Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanks a lot moron

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:00 PM
  • 26 Replies
They're still doing those damn lead paint inspections and collecting samples. I had my cats boarded Thurs and Friday but then on Saturday they sent out a notice that they'd be doing it through Tuesday.

So i put them in my pantry. It's a big panty. You could fit a twin bed and dresser in there so they had a litterbox, a cat tree, food and water and space. They just sleep during the afternoon anyway.

And per the memo, we put a sign that said DO NOT OPEN PETS INSIDE on the outside of the door. It said IN the memo that this was their company's policy AND managements policy and the company collecting samples WOULD NOT
open the door.

Well, eventually the guy collecting samples gets here and he doesn't even knock...he just comes on in to our house and I'm like "Hey, there are cats behind the door in the kitchen. If you need to get in there, let me know and I'll move them into a room you've already gone through. PLEASE DONT OPEN THE DOOR. ONE OF THEM FREAKS OUT. YOU COULD GET SCRATCHED. DONT OPEN THAT DOOR."

He looks at me and goes about his job. I go upstairs to make sure Dh isn't naked in bed bc the guy needs samples from our window frames or something.

Btw, he left our front door open the whole time. But whatever!

No sooner so I get upstairs then I hear "Oh no" and then the stampede of little cat paws. Mr. Pickles is just standing at the door-he has no interest in the outside-it's a bad place where terrible things could happen. But Sniffles (the special needs one) and Gravey hauled ass and went outside, no clue where they are right now. Gravey I'm not too worried about. But Sniffs is...challenged and on a ton of medications. Hes a spaz and when he gets worked up he is WORKED UP and just keeps doing stupid shit. He hurts himself ALL the time and just keeps doing the same thing over and over again.

But the best part? After my cats have obviously been let out of the closet the moron goes "Oh, I think you had cats back there. I think they got out."

Ffs. I was just like "Get your shit and gtfo. I have to find my cats."

Seriously. Big ass sign on the door and I TOLD him not to open the door. WTF.
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:03 PM
What an asshole. I would call management.
spooky415
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:04 PM
I mean I don't think there's much management can do. He doesn't work for my complex, his company was just hired for this.

The same thing happened when they were doing work a few weeks ago. Those contractors left the door wide open.

Quoting LilysMama719: What an asshole. I would call management.
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:06 PM
Well, if he works for a company, I would call that company and ask for the supervisor. He should be held accountable for being irresponsible. I hope you find your kitties.

Quoting spooky415: I mean I don't think there's much management can do. He doesn't work for my complex, his company was just hired for this.

The same thing happened when they were doing work a few weeks ago. Those contractors left the door wide open.

MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:06 PM

You have a special needs cat? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:06 PM
I get why you'd be upset.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:09 PM

What is with all the dumb asses? I'd be pissed and calling their manager.

VibeRant
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:33 PM

Omg...I've dealt with spazzed out cats. I'd be glaring at a few workers.

spooky415
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:36 PM
Yeah.

So far, he's been diagnosed with asthma and an anxiety disorder.

But besides that his main issue is that he doesn't make connection between pain and what he's doing. Most cats, if they do something and hurt themselves they think "oh that's no good. I'm getting away from here."

Not this guy. He keeps doing it. Over and over again. Even if you actually remove him from the situation, he'll struggle to get back to it.

Quoting MichLW69:

You have a special needs cat? 

spooky415
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:37 PM
We found the special one.
Gravey is still at large.

Quoting LilysMama719: Well, if he works for a company, I would call that company and ask for the supervisor. He should be held accountable for being irresponsible. I hope you find your kitties.

Quoting spooky415: I mean I don't think there's much management can do. He doesn't work for my complex, his company was just hired for this.

epoh
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:38 PM
Here, Gravey, Gravey.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)