Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My grandmother told my mother that. . . . .

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

She "feels herself slipping away." 

At church yesterday, she said she saw a man kneeling in front of her; there was no one in front of her.

She gave my mom a detailed list of what she wanted us to do for Christmas this year because she "wouldn't be here this year."

She's having conversations with her husband (my grandfather), and her sister who have both passed years ago.  

It's freaking us out a bit.  We know she's ready, she's 97 years old, and she's been saying that she thinks Jesus forgot her down here.  Our worst fear is that she'll fall or something and spend her last days in a hospital bed, which is what she never wanted.  We're "hoping" that she goes to sleep one night and doesn't wake up if you know what I mean.  We're not wishing her gone, but she is, so we're hoping it's peaceful.  

This whole situation just sucks, but that's life right?  :(

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:05 PM
My grandmother said similar things before dying, about seeing and speaking with family who had passed. I wish you all the best and that she may not suffer.
waynebrianna
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:06 PM
Sounds like she is ready to go. Reminds me of my grandmother when she passed. It does suck indeed. I'm sorry.
sarahfaith123
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:07 PM
It's normal for the elderly to talk and think about death. It's like you said, they are ready. Talking, joking and preparing are part of their processing of it.

Sorry, it's still so sad to lose your grandma at any age. Hope she can hang on and have a peaceful Christmas with you
Mazie0723
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:09 PM
My grandmother talked to my grandfather and aunt whom both passed away years before. She passed peacefully in her sleep a few weeks later.
raczac
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:12 PM
My great great grandmother talked to her parents and husband right before she died. She went to sleep that night and never woke up. My great grandmother did the same thing fell asleep and never woke up. Less than a month ago my husbands grandmother passed away she had been talking about my mother in law and her husband who passed in 2011. She then asked for a glass of ice for her 7 up and when the nurse came back in the room with it she had passed away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Accept what she tells you, take extra time with her, let her know she is loved and how she has helped you in your life.  Give her lots of hugs.

hugs

Owl_Feather
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:14 PM

sorry you're going through this :( She sounds like she is at peace with it though...calm, I mean, in a way.

Ecoseem
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Yah, my grandma did that too, kept saying she saw my grandpa walking through the house.  It was 2 years before she actually passed though, so you never know.

Candiebears
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:16 PM

My grandmother knew. She saw her husband. She woke up from her coma.. Looked at me.. and said Jennie, Now you be a good girl you hear. I kissed her and she passed within 24 hours. I know how you feel!

southernangel1
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:19 PM
My great grandfather did the same and my grandmother told my mom she was coming (my mom died when I was just a baby). I don't know if you are religious, but I will pray for you and you family and a peaceful passing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)