Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did I do it before?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:03 PM
  • 1 Replies
Five years ago my sister died. Before she died we would talk for an hour every day on the phone. I would get my cleaning done while we chatting and usually we would end up fighting over something and hanging up. Never failed that one of us would call the other the next day. We never apologized for our spats and we never needed to. My house would be clean by the end of the call. I can't sit when I talk on the phone so it was always a motivator for me.

Now I am lucky if I am on the phone for an hour a week with any of my family. My energy is gone. My house isn't as clean as it once was and I always seem to be behind in it all. I have no reason to feel motivated and most of the time I just stare at the mess. Even if I did get it picked up it is just going to be bad again by the end of the night. No one important comes over anyway and even if someone was coming over, I just don't care.

Some days are worse than others for me. Today I am battling a cold and just feel like staring at the mess again. I have a few hours of work on my house, I know I do, but today I just don't want to move.

I wish my phone would ring and my sister would call. I wish we could chat about random stuff so that I had the feeling of wanting to move again. Its been five years and my phone stays silent. Everyone is too busy in their own lives to give me the hour I need.

Oh well. I might move tomorrow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Mom2Boys9501
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:19 PM
Sorry for your loss. I feel the same about my mom.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)