Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quit fighting in front of your kids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

I feel so bad for kids who parents fight in front of them. The kids don't deserve to see or hear it. A civil disagreement is one thing but all out screaming at each other is another.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:13 PM

We fight, we make up. They've not been traumatized, of course we don't have knock down drag out fights but they have been pretty heated a time or two...or three.

januaryqueen
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:14 PM
Agreed. It's so bad for children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Do people understand how it make their kids feel

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:14 PM

I agree. My parents were constantly yelling and degrading each other my entire child hood. It was terrible and i can still remember how I felt at the time. I never fight in front of my kids, it's awful. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:15 PM

my childhood revolved around watching my mother get into knock down drag out fights with whoever her man of the moment was.  it sticks with me, decades later.  not one time have I ever argued in front of my children.  you're right, no one serves to have to watch that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:16 PM
Do you scream at each other in front if your kids?
Quoting luckysevenwow:

We fight, we make up. They've not been traumatized, of course we don't have knock down drag out fights but they have been pretty heated a time or two...or three.

Jblb
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:16 PM
Well we have gotten into fights in front of the kids. We've also sorted out difference, in front of the kids. We also laugh and joke in front of the kids. It's life, they don't live in a bubble.
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:16 PM

We don't scream at each other...  But we do have arguments in front of our kids.  It's a part of life.  We hope that by doing this we're teaching them that it's ok to not agree on everything and sometimes life is frustrating.  Not everything is rainbows.

I don't understand couples who scream and yell at eachother like children.

702girly
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:16 PM

I feel bad for them too. My parents would scream at each other in front of us and it was horrible.

It's really not that hard to stay sane during an argument so you aren't screaming and go into another room. My husband and I get angry but we don't go into insane rages where we're screeching and acting like fucking animals. Parents should be able to control themselves. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:19 PM

My Mom grew up the same way. So when she had me she swor she would never do it. To this day my parents have never fought I front of my brother or myself. My ex tried fighting with me one time and wouldn't quit. I picked up our daughter and told him when he could talk to me civilly I would be next door at my Gramma's. 

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I agree. My parents were constantly yelling and degrading each other my entire child hood. It was terrible and i can still remember how I felt at the time. I never fight in front of my kids, it's awful. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)