Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you leave your toddler in your home alone for over 15 minutes?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 148 Replies
It's super windy here today, 40-60 miles per hour.

I'm a SAHM with my 3 year old. Our trampoline blew over our fence in our neighbors yard.

Somehow it's in its regular stance.

I sent a pic to my siblings showing how crazy it was and all they had to say was "uh you need to move that back" "you could at least try"

What the hell am I supposed to accomplish by myself, for one. And secondly I have a toddler, did they forget? This is not like simply going out to grab the mail.

Not to mention I can't just lift a trampoline over a 6 ft talk fence... BY MYSELF.

And even if I did, it's probably going to fly away again.

Idk. I'm just so irritated. My siblings don't have children and it's not that they are naive but I would never leave DS in the home by himself. They say I worry to much? Even if I left him in his room that is child proof, there are always accidents. Falling of his bed and spraining or breaking a bone, bonking his noggin on his furniture and needing stitches.

And just FYI DH and coworker came by during their lunch and took the legs off and the net (which took the longest) and carried it into our yard and put all of the above on top it as well as one of our fire pits to hold it down.

Oh and that took 25 minutes. Ugh. Would you leave your toddler in the home by him/herself to do a job by yourself that took two grown men 25 minutes to accomplish?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jujubear1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:23 PM
Nope
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Uh, no. Your siblings are stupid.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:24 PM
Hell no, I wouldn't do that.
SuckIt69
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:24 PM
No. I would never be more than an ear shot away from my children. A trampoline is a replaceable material item. My child is not.
TSNDDY
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:25 PM
Nope absolutely not
bookwormx4
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:25 PM
2 moms liked this
No I wouldn't, but I would leave him/her for 2 minutes to let the neighbor know that I apologize for the trampoline being in their yard and that it will be moved as soon as it possibly can.

Granted, that's as simple as bringing a note by when you go get the mail.
gabby6411
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:25 PM
NO
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:25 PM
Right. They were saying if it damages other peoples' property that I would be held liable but I'm not leaving my son alone to take care of that.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Uh, no. Your siblings are stupid.

nattyleilani
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Fuck no. It must be stupid sibling day because this is the second post in a row about idiotic siblings with no kids of their own.

sunsetchick34
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:26 PM
Nope...not worth it. Ur siblings are not that smart.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)