• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Great Ganny arrested for harrassment!!! {{LONG}}

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:43 PM
  • 5 Replies

I can just see that headline in the papers!

Recently my husband's granny moved in with us. She has Alzheimer's, to the point that she can no longer live on her own, but not too bad yet.

Anyhow... a very long time ago when she was a teen she had a long time boyfriend and she got angry with him and married someone else. The person she married was a terrible man and abused her terribly.  She divorced him and remarried a wonderful man. They had 27 wonderful years together when he passed away.

But she has always wondered about the old boy friend. After her husband died, she moved to an independent living home for the elderly. Since it was independent living, they pretty much left her alone and didn't pay any attention to whether or not she was socializing. She spent 22 hours a day alone. She would only go down for one meal a day and she would drink wine with her neighbor. So since she was alone all the time, she obsessed about the old boyfriend and what he was doing, where he was, if he was single again.

Then she found his family on facebook and started harassing his family. She didn't realize she was harassing them, but she would forget that she had contacted them already. Finally one of her kids thought he would help her out and would arrange a meeting with their dad and his mom. When he called the family, they told him about the harassment and ask her to stop. So the family went and blocked him from her facebook. The son told us that he was happily married and that he didn't want to be contacted.

Now granny moved here and she knew that his daughters lived here at one time. Granny has been asking us for a phone book, but I kept avoiding the subject, saying that we don't have one. She keeps saying that she waants to go to the his daughters dress shops. Well the other day when I wasn't home, the ohone company dropped one off on the front step. Now she is looking up their numbers. Apparently, the man has moved to our town and  lives less than a mile from us. She is trying to pluck up the nerve to call him. HOW THE HELL AM I GOING TO KEEP HER FROM CALLING THEM?

These poor people. Poor Granny. She is the sweetest lady and she doesn't realize that she is harassing them. The family doesn't want to tell her to stop harassing them because it will hurt her heart, but I am not sure what to do.

UGH...ANY advice?

It is not as easy as throwing the phone book away. She will just find another way. She is obsessed.

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:47 PM

toss the phone book, it won't be long before she forgets the number or that she ever had it.

SleepingBeautee
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:47 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:49 PM
Definitely this. Lol

Quoting Anonymous 1:

toss the phone book, it won't be long before she forgets the number or that she ever had it.

SleepingBeautee
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Not true... somehow since this is something she is obsessing about, she will remember.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

GigantaursMommy
by MrsAwesomePants on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:57 PM

I say toss the phonebook as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)