Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

will they give him full custody??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
My x and I seperated a little over two months ago. Since then he has asked to see our daughter one time and he spent a total of 15 minutes with her. He has bought nothing for her, etc. I was laid off my factory job temporarily not long after we seperated. They are having to basically rebuild the plant. I am drawing unemployment and living with a friend of mine. I sent him a text asking him for some formula for her and some diapers. He never responded until today. He sent a text saying him and his lawyer (aka uncle) filed for emergency custody saying I am not taking care of her properly.

I filed for CS a week after we seperated through my local dhs but unfortunately due to a severe backlog of cases my case hasn't moved beyond the first stage of just the basic turning the paperwork into dhs.

There is no money for a lawyer on my end. His uncle is a lawyer and he said that's who helped him file the paperwork using the text I sent asking for help from him.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:52 PM
I would file something asap. You need to make sure he won't get her. If you don't file something he will end up getting her and you will have a hell of a time getting her back.
bluerose_4evr
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:53 PM

Unless he can PROVE that you are unfit and a danger to your child, no judge in their right mind is going to hand your child over to him. You need to be able to show that you are recieving unemployment and why, you have a stable roof over your heads, and stable life. Unless he can prove you wrong in any of these areas, I think the judge will only help speed up his CS responsibility.  It truly takes A LOT for a judge to take a child away from their mother.  Trust me, I've seen a lot of battles.  Lawyer or not, as long as you're doing everything you can to ensure she is well cared for, you shouldn't stress too much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Look for legal aid in your area. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:56 PM
Legal aid won't do shit here unless it involves abuse.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Look for legal aid in your area. 

blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:56 PM
2 moms liked this
I really doubt he will get her. Go to the health department and sign up for WIC. If you qualify, which you should, you will get vouchers before you leave the office and can get formula for your baby. Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:57 PM
I'm not trying to sound mean. But can you afford to take care of your baby?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Is this Gianna again?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:59 PM
He hasn't even seen her in over a month. My job will be resuming around feb 1st and I have documents from the plant showing that is the projected return to work week. I cam also prove I am getting unemployment. However I can't deny I am staying with a friend who only has a 1 bedroom apartment. Me and baby sleep in the living room.

Quoting bluerose_4evr:

Unless he can PROVE that you are unfit and a danger to your child, no judge in their right mind is going to hand your child over to him. You need to be able to show that you are recieving unemployment and why, you have a stable roof over your heads, and stable life. Unless he can prove you wrong in any of these areas, I think the judge will only help speed up his CS responsibility.  It truly takes A LOT for a judge to take a child away from their mother.  Trust me, I've seen a lot of battles.  Lawyer or not, as long as you're doing everything you can to ensure she is well cared for, you shouldn't stress too much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:59 PM
Well, can you take care of her? I don't know that they would take the baby just because you asked the dad to help out...but not having a proper home for your kid may do the trick.
donnag013
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:00 PM

Can you also apply for WIC since you are now without a job. That would help with the formula. AND don't ask him for anything. Just go about your business of finding a new job and taking care of the baby. DON"T ASK HIM. Period.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)