Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how much is your house cleaner?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
I'm shopping around. One person said 60/hr and 10 additional dollars per hour per room. How does that make any sense? The rate should go up based on the job. Not number of rooms. If I have 5 rooms I'll pay more just because you'll be working longer. I could see if the rate went up if you were a hoarder or something. My house is fairly clean. I am sick and need someone to do the things I can't do. That is all. They won't even be cleaning all the rooms
is that normal? For the hourly rate to go up for the # of rooms? I mean id even understand if the number went up for less rooms so they can have a base amount per house.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:57 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't have one. I'd like one, but so far I haven't found one that will work for baked goods.

kee1006b
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:58 PM

$50 a week, hugs and kisses.  The 50 is for my kindle books, and the hugs and kisses because I love them

the_dude
by abides on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

If you do, be sure and let me know. 

Quoting Seagodess:

I don't have one. I'd like one, but so far I haven't found one that will work for baked goods.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:59 PM
Sex. Multiple times daily. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:00 PM
DH does all the cleaning. He's expensive, but not $60/hr expensive lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol

Quoting the_dude:

If you do, be sure and let me know. 

Quoting Seagodess:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:02 PM
I'm single...and it would be wierd if offered it to the service as payment

Quoting Anonymous 2: Sex. Multiple times daily. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:03 PM
Maybe so... or you just need to find a young, hot, single housekeeper. Win /win! !

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm single...and it would be wierd if offered it to the service as payment

Quoting Anonymous 2: Sex. Multiple times daily. Lol
Angelgonebad
by Christine on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:04 PM

I pay $88 an hour, for 2 cleaners, for 5 hours a day, 2 days a week. They clean from basement to top floor, all rooms. 

cymkare
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:05 PM

I have one but only because I was recently told by my OB to stop doing anything heavy and lay off the bending/lifting. I am kind of a neat freak and clean a lot. 

She comes once a week and I pay $10 an hour three weeks a month, the fourth week she does the big stuff (moving furniture to vacuum, ceiling fans, baseboards, windows) as well as the regular stuff and I pay $15 an hour that week. I usually tip her $10.

$60 an hour is insane. I would not pay that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)