Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How about you get a job....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

My daughter has a good friend whose mom is a single mom.  Dad is nowhere to be found.  Mom doesn't work.  On Saturday, I picked up the girl to go shopping with us.  It was her birthday and I told her we would let her pick out some stuff.  The mom as we were leaving told the girl to pick out some Nikes in a size 8....and that they would only be a little big...and that way she could wear them too.

Ummm  If you want Nikes...go get a job.  Last year I gave her a winter coat my kid outgrew because she was always showing up at school with no coat.  She continued to do it...mom traded the coat for one that fit mom.

I realize the mom can do whatever she wants with the stuff in her house.  But I refuse to buy stuff for HER...

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1mommy613
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:23 PM
Yeah can't say I would either...

Quoting Anonymous 1:

My daughter has a good friend whose mom is a single mom.  Dad is nowhere to be found.  Mom doesn't work.  On Saturday, I picked up the girl to go shopping with us.  It was her birthday and I told her we would let her pick out some stuff.  The mom as we were leaving told the girl to pick out some Nikes in a size 8....and that they would only be a little big...and that way she could wear them too.

Ummm  If you want Nikes...go get a job.  Last year I gave her a winter coat my kid outgrew because she was always showing up at school with no coat.  She continued to do it...mom traded the coat for one that fit mom.

I realize the mom can do whatever she wants with the stuff in her house.  But I refuse to buy stuff for HER...

Ecoseem
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:24 PM

..wow

TheWambulance
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Holy crap your font is TINY!

Quoting Ecoseem:

..wow

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:27 PM
Wow. She wants her child to ask for shoes that are too big just so she can share her birthday shoes with her?

How old is this girl and her mom?
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:27 PM

Wow. I wouldn't be happy about that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:27 PM

so stop buying stuff and report her for neglect if she is going without needed items like a coat and shoes.

Lalalie
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:27 PM
Wow what a shitty mom
the_dude
by abides on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting TheWambulance: Holy crap your font is TINY!
Quoting Ecoseem:

..wow

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:28 PM
I wouldn't buy Nikes for her either, what nerve!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:28 PM
Wow. That's awful.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)