Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best friend drama

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
So my best friend is pissed at me but I'm just trying to be honest with her.
Her husband is a piece of shit. She could be with someone so much better. They dated in high school, broke up but she got pregnant so they got back together. She got pregnant two months after her first first child was born and so he married her, but he even tells her he felt pressured. Second kid came and she got pregnant again. They both claim they are using birth control.
They live with family because she works part time at a daycare to get cheaper daycare for her youngest and he doesn't work at all. He takes two college classes that he is failing and that is it.
She is pregnant again. They are on all types of assistance and through their marriage he has fathered two other kids that he wants nothing to do with. She keeps threatening to leave him but never does.

EDIT: for one of you telling me to keep my advice to myself.. all I've done is tell her to get individual therapy and discuss couples counseling with him. I keep telling her she deserves better.
No I won't apologize or shut up about it. Just this past year I've been at the hospital with her over four times for attempted suicide. Her dh never even showed up. He disappears with women for weeks at a time, once for a month.
She's unhappy and as her friend... I'm trying to help her.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:51 PM

That sucks, but your job as a friend is not to point out how shitty her life is. Just be there for her, support her choices, and keep your mouth shut.

the_dude
by abides on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:53 PM
3 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:53 PM
Jerry Jerry! Hot ghetto mess
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:55 PM
If she wanted to leave him she would. If you complain to her how much you don't like her dh then you'll just alienate her & upset her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:55 PM
I know a couple similar to that. I don't know why these women procreate and put up with this losers. I just don't understand not wanting more out of life. *shrugs*
BalderdashMom
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Has she honestly told you that you're a shitty friend because you share your know-it-all wisdom with her?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:59 PM
Quoting Anonymous 2:

That sucks, but your job as a friend is not to point out how shitty her life is. Just be there for her, support her choices, and keep your mouth shut.

And just keep watching him destroy her? No. A good friend doesn't do that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:01 PM
Quoting BalderdashMom:

Has she honestly told you that you're a shitty friend because you share your know-it-all wisdom with her?

All I did was tell her that she needs counseling individually and with him and if he won't do that... she needs to stop letting him hurt her. He's made her suicidal so many times just this year. She needs help. So she's not talking to me currently.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Some people don't want to hear the truth.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:05 PM

Well, she's going to continue to choose him, all you butting in is going to do is let her know you're a judgemental overstepping "friend" and she's going to quit talking to you. If you're cool with losing your friend because you can't keep your unsolicited advice to yourself, meh.

Quoting Anonymous 1:
Quoting Anonymous 2:

And just keep watching him destroy her? No. A good friend doesn't do that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)