Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tell me you AGREE with me! HOLY SMOKES! Mother of the year award!

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:43 PM
  • 8 Replies

First, if you have an issue with the location start your own post because this has zero to do with it.

So, I took DD an the 2 kids I babysit to McD's for lunch and a romp in the playland. It's freeze-your-titties-off cold outside and they have cabin fever.

A family sat down in the booth behind us. Looked like 2 grandmas and mom plus 2 kids. One was an infant sleeping in a carseat carrier the other was a little boy who appeared to be 4ish.

While we were eating the little boy came over to touch/playwith/tickle the little boy I watch. He's quite a little stunner and truly adorable. The ladies he sat with seemed to be worried that he was messing with the toddler I watch (13 months old) and encouraged him to come back and scolded him for touching the boy I watch. I could tell the little boy wasn't what most would consider typical and he was incredibly sweet.

Fast forward 30 minutes. I sat in the dining room watching the other kids play. I could see them well and had my eye on every exit. I see the little boy I spoke of come out of the play area crying for his mom, he returned to where they were sitting. Mind you, mom and other ladies are sitting RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE DOOR inside the play area. I waited as long as I could. When I realized he wasn't going tot he bathroom and he looked scared AND THAT NO ONE WAS COMING TO GET HIM I took the little boy I watch and the hand of the sad boy and took him back to the play area. I walked him left and passed him off to mom.

Here's the part that has me dumbfounded...mom didn't so much as smile at me. I didn't get a nod or even an utterance of thank-you. She came out of the play area to go to the bathroom and passed me. I smiled at her and she didn't look my way.

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Maybe she thinks you're a creeper. 

BalderdashMom
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Quoting Anonymous 1:

would you think the person who returned your wondering little one was a creeper?

Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:49 PM
Rude.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:02 PM

If she wasn't paying attention, she probably had no idea the kid was wondering and therefore, thought you were a creeper...handling her child.

Quoting BalderdashMom:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

would you think the person who returned your wondering little one was a creeper?

Aamy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Some people are just that rude. It sucks i know. I work at a McD's and omg in the morning i have people literally rip the bag out of my hands. 

BalderdashMom
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:10 PM

since when do creepers return children?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

If she wasn't paying attention, she probably had no idea the kid was wondering and therefore, thought you were a creeper...handling her child.

Quoting BalderdashMom:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Sydel
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't really know how to feel about the situation. When I was younger I would meet people at McDonald's to talk. I dealt with a lot of heavy decisions and personal conversations while my little one played. The mom could have just not had her head straight and been distracted. I know when I had my miscarriage and when my grandma died I didn't smile at strangers. I would see them smiling but couldn't muster up one in return. 

mommy_Frias
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:20 PM
Lol true.

Quoting BalderdashMom:

since when do creepers return children?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting BalderdashMom:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)