Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Former SAHMs please come here

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
How long were you a SAHM before returning to the workforce? Did it take a long time to find a new job?

I quit working when my son was born in May of this year, but I'm planning to go back to work early in 2015. I've already applied to a couple of places and didn't even get an interview despite my credentials and qualifications. I'm worried I'm not going to be able to find a job in 2015! I have 12 years experience and an mba. Ugh!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:48 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:48 PM
I was at home about 3 yrs. It took about six months of serious searching to find something.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:50 PM
Lol your one year vacation shouldn't make or break your career. Just keep looking. A job will come when it's the right one at the right time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:50 PM
How did you find the job you finally took?

Quoting Anonymous 2: I was at home about 3 yrs. It took about six months of serious searching to find something.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:52 PM
Lol vacation!

I wouldn't have done it except that I hated where I was and knew I want going back after I had the baby.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Lol your one year vacation shouldn't make or break your career. Just keep looking. A job will come when it's the right one at the right time.
OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:54 PM
I just went back to work recently. About two months ago. I was a SAHM for five years. I applied for several jobs daily and used an employment agency. I did a lot of volunteer work too for local charities and churches during those five years.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:54 PM
Very understandable. But seriously, even people currently working have trouble finding a job. It shall come in due time :)

Quoting Anonymous 1: Lol vacation!

I wouldn't have done it except that I hated where I was and knew I want going back after I had the baby.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Lol your one year vacation shouldn't make or break your career. Just keep looking. A job will come when it's the right one at the right time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:54 PM
I was home for 9 years. The first application I put in I was hired.
OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:56 PM
Oh and I forgot to say that it took about two months of diligent searching.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:56 PM
Home for 13 years. I was asked to come work for and educational center. I wasn't looking. We refused to have our kids in daycare on a daily basis. My hours are only while they are in school. So when there are breaks and vacations I'm home. I'm also home before they leave for school and home before they get home.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)