Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Love People

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:49 PM
  • 0 Replies

I love talking to people, and I love making them laugh.  Before my accident I was very talkitive and outgoing. Afterward I became very quiet and insecure.  Then I married my husband and he brought out the person that I used to be.  Then I started fundraising.  I had swallow my shyness and social anxiety.  I had to be bold, be talkitive, be asssertive again. 

So I observe people.  I talk to strangers.  If I don't I'm afraid I will lose my courage.  Friday while we were at lunch with my mom there was a couple sitting at the next table.  The woman looked really depressed.  So I scooted over to the chair next to her husband (it was not really close to him) and started telling her about a thing going on at Dillard's.  They were doing free facials and make up at Este' Lauder.  I thought it might pick up her spirits.  Well they were from out of town and still had a long way to get home.  When they told me where they lived, I didn't know it.  I asked my husband where it was and he started giving them directions.  LOL.   I explained that they knew where they lived and we all had a small laugh.   Then my mom called me out on this.  I couldn't believe it!  She just started laughing and blurted out, "Only my daughter would sit down at a table with total strangers and start talking to them!"

Yes, this may be weird, but I do it sometimes.  I just couldn't believe she called me out on it! LOL

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)