• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I love my kids but I really don't like them

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
I have a 4 year old and freshly 2 year old and another on the way. I LOVE them with every bit of myself but I don't like them. They're annoying and ridiculously naughty. I'm pretty positive it's because they're just at that age that I've always had problems with connecting and playing with kids this age. But I also feel like no matter what I do they never listen to me and it makes me just lose my cool and start yelling. I feel also that them being boys makes it harder for me to connect as well because even though I was sort of a tomboy growing up I still played barbies and baby dolls. I went from being an awesome mom to one who's just too drained to want to even color with them or play outside. I feel bad for them that they got stuck with such a shitty mom...
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:45 PM
To me it sounds like you're just exhausted. Maybe if you took a break for a couple of days & got some rest and quiet time things would look a lot different when you got home. Could it be it's not that you dislike your kids but you dislike the S.O.S. day after day? If you don't have grandparents that will take the kids for a weekend how about leaving them with your SO, getting a hotel room, and not letting yourself feel guilty for being human? All moms need a break once in a while.
Shy_Dia
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:47 PM
Completely agree about the break but stay on them! They are naughty bc they are getting away with it (most likely). You want/need to nip that ASAP so it doesn't get worse.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:49 PM
You need a break. Tiny humans can try our patience and sanity.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:50 PM
The thing is I'm ALWAYS having to step in constantly. It's like they're just bad in their natural nature. I have to tell my 4 year old not to do the same thing over and over again. I get that they have troubles with remembering but every 15-20 minutes is excessive. I'm just dying over here and am so exhausted of taking care of kids that are brats.

Quoting Shy_Dia: Completely agree about the break but stay on them! They are naughty bc they are getting away with it (most likely). You want/need to nip that ASAP so it doesn't get worse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:51 PM
Every time I get a break I don't want to go back lol. I have no more drive to want to be involved.

Quoting Danesmommy1: You need a break. Tiny humans can try our patience and sanity.
deboramomof2
by 💋sweetcandy💋 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:53 PM
You need a break ...

Shy_Dia
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:16 PM
I know. Especially with kids that young, either you're gonna go crazy or they need to be strapped down. Lol... kinda.

Time outs after one warning. I used to do the initial age= minutes, but then did 10 minutes after. After I always made sure he told me why he was on trouble and other ways he could've handled the situation (got in trouble bc i bit her. I can ask for the toy back). When starting out and them being young, they need help on how to put it into words, their feelings, their wrong actions and the right ones.

It's work. A LOT of work. You definitely need a break every so often to maintain some level of sanity

Quoting Anonymous 1: The thing is I'm ALWAYS having to step in constantly. It's like they're just bad in their natural nature. I have to tell my 4 year old not to do the same thing over and over again. I get that they have troubles with remembering but every 15-20 minutes is excessive. I'm just dying over here and am so exhausted of taking care of kids that are brats.

Quoting Shy_Dia: Completely agree about the break but stay on them! They are naughty bc they are getting away with it (most likely). You want/need to nip that ASAP so it doesn't get worse.
Alyia72
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:24 PM

I understand I have three year old triplets, one of which will try your patience to the max.. I swear she doesn't listen to anyone or anything unless shes in the mood to want to listen lol.. I had her in time out SIX times today for doing the exact same thing..within two hours lol... I wanted to cry lol...thankfully her sisters are not as spirited... Its not just me that she doesn't listen to its worse with her dad...I am convinced its payback for all the rotten things her dad did when he was a kid.  His mom says she is just like him... The worst is when she bullies her sisters.. Or me well she try's to when that doesn't work she turns on her sisters.. Were working on it but it seems like she gets stronger willed every day lol.. toddlers are loud, messy, and sometimes obnoxious little creatures.. It does get better though hang in there.. I also have a nine year old and the toddler drama  was over for her around five.  I am really hoping that's the case for the girls too because I may loose my mind if it goes on much longer.  Take a break if possible... I take one once or twice a week even if its just to run to the store, it really helps but then hubby is stressed out when I get back lol...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:27 PM

That is so normal honey. We arent supposed to like our kids, and they are not supposed to like us. Of course we always love eachother. and the dislike in no way deminishes the love. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:31 PM
I used to handle it all wonderfully but now I don't. I'm quicker to spank and I feel like all I'm doing is yelling. I know I just need to get back in the habit of doing it again and that its just a combination of hormones and letting myself off too easy. My mom says my 4 year old is exactly how I was and that's scary lol because I was BAD! I too feel like he gets stronger every day haha

Quoting Alyia72:

I understand I have three year old triplets, one of which will try your patience to the max.. I swear she doesn't listen to anyone or anything unless shes in the mood to want to listen lol.. I had her in time out SIX times today for doing the exact same thing..within two hours lol... I wanted to cry lol...thankfully her sisters are not as spirited... Its not just me that she doesn't listen to its worse with her dad...I am convinced its payback for all the rotten things her dad did when he was a kid.  His mom says she is just like him... The worst is when she bullies her sisters.. Or me well she try's to when that doesn't work she turns on her sisters.. Were working on it but it seems like she gets stronger willed every day lol.. toddlers are loud, messy, and sometimes obnoxious little creatures.. It does get better though hang in there.. I also have a nine year old and the toddler drama  was over for her around five.  I am really hoping that's the case for the girls too because I may loose my mind if it goes on much longer.  Take a break if possible... I take one once or twice a week even if its just to run to the store, it really helps but then hubby is stressed out when I get back lol...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)