Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Youve all got me wondering...

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:57 PM
  • 9 Replies
I've been reading all the posts and I have a friend in a similar situation so I'm wondering WHY so many wives AND girlfriends stay with married men who lie to the both of them? Obviously the man thinks he can lie and get away with having multiple women.
I know my ex lied to me and I divorced him. He was lying about me and to me, and it was a huge mess. I got out and now he does it to his current wife, who is the woman he was cheating on me with.
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:58 PM

I don't understand it either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:59 PM
Here's a bump My ex husband tried to cheat on me and I divorced him. I don't play games with me you're either all in or all out.
Kenre
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:00 PM
I don't understand it, either. Mine was tossed on his ass out the door within five minutes of me finding the websites. That's how long it took for him to come home that night to gather his crap. I don't do anything with cheaters.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:01 PM
Because they are "in love" and believe he will change. Some are willing to settle. Not me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mischele
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:02 PM
As soon as I found out my ex cheated on me I kicked his ass out.
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:03 PM
I don't understand it either.
Ultrakiwi
by Glockenspiel on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Low self-esteem.  That was the case for me staying with DD1's dad after knowing he cheated.  i didn't stay long, though.  I grew a pair..

Some women don't think they can do better Some women are too lazy to try to do better. Some women don't really like the men they are with all the much, anyway, and thus don't care enough.  Some women feel like it would make them a failure to just give up.. Many reasons.  None are really good.

Mrs_Snail
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:14 PM
Because they love their children more than they love themselves or because they don't have a place to go or because they're SAHMs who could not survive on their own or because they can't imagine their lives without their dhs...... or who knows what else. For sure each of them has her own reason. And for sure it's not a good idea to wonder so hard about someone else's choice or situation because God or fate or whatever you call it may give youthe chance to prove your standpoint by putting you in this same situation
Lalalie
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:20 PM
Quoting Mrs_Snail: Because they love their children more than they love themselves or because they don't have a place to go or because they're SAHMs who could not survive on their own or because they can't imagine their lives without their dhs...... or who knows what else. For sure each of them has her own reason. And for sure it's not a good idea to wonder so hard about someone else's choice or situation because God or fate or whatever you call it may give youthe chance to prove your standpoint by putting you in this same situation

Been there, done that sweety.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)