Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Penis Shearing *Warning*

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:08 PM
  • 10 Replies
Ds4 was complaining that sometimes it hurt to pee but not every time. I couldn't see anything but this morning I noticed a raw welt just under the very tip of his foreskin.
Dr said it's "shearing" and is apparently normal for his age. He said that as little boys grow or get erections the skin will frequently stretch and tear then repair itself and this will keep happening. All I can do is keep his clean and sometimes healing cream if it splits.

I want to find out more but don't even know what to Google that wouldn't lead to me going blind. Anyone else heard of this??
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TowerWife
by CrazyDogLady on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:10 PM
Its a common problem. That's why my son's dad wanted him circumcised
jjessers
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:13 PM
I have 3 sons. This hasn't happened to any of them. I haven't heard this term before either.

I just googled penis shearing , it didn't come up with what your ds dr described.
ChewyBrownies
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:26 PM

No, I never heard of such.  DS was circumcised, as was Ex.  HowEVER DH now was not.  I'll ask him about it...at the appropriate moment.  (His son was.) 

One KEY thing he said about uncirc'd is you have to teach the boys how to properly clean themselves, to include pulling back the foreskin & be SURE to rinse soap off thoroughly.  

(THAT can cause probs as well EVEN if circ'd.  DS, when he was about 19, visiting from college was freaking out & asked me to look at his penis b/c he thought he had an STD b/c it was ...[scalely].  Turned out he was using IVORY SOAP or Dial which he'd ALWAYS been allergice to and no...had NOT been rinsing properly.  Cured it in no time with TAKE TIME TO RINSE PROPERLY!).

Will be interesting to see what others say about this.  Wish you luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:27 PM

Ck out WebMD.com.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:28 PM
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:32 PM

I've never heard of shearing, but my DS does get a little red welt-like bump on the tip of his penis from time to time. I just dab a little aquaphor on it and wash well, goes away in a day or two.

EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:13 PM
That was very helpful thank you. I'll put some cream on it tonight and just keep an eye on it.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

http://www.drmomma.org/2010/01/common-questions-regarding-normal.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)