Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If You Have Been In A Homeless Shelter With 2 Small Kids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
Can i hear your story?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs_Snail
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:16 PM
I haven't but I believe you have a story to tell us
DevonD83
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:18 PM
I haven't with my kids but I lived in some as a child growing up. I don't have alot of memories about it though
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:20 PM
I have a friend currently staying in one with her 3 kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:21 PM
Actually i don't. Im sure that you all have heard abuse stories before . So i'll let it be...

Quoting Mrs_Snail: I haven't but I believe you have a story to tell us
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:50 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:54 PM
Kinda.

Well I had one small kid, and we stayed in a hotel. They don't allow children in shelters in my city. It puts young kids at risk of anything to happen.

So the shelter puts families with children in a hotel. And they give you $10 a day per person to live off of.

So we were not exactly in a shelter!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Do you just need to know there is hope of having some kind of normal life again? There is. You can recover from this.

There is a St. Vincent family shelter in the city closest to me. The shelter is for women and children, men are in a different facility. They make it as nice as they can and have good resources.

The best advice I can give is to keep your head up. It is not forever. Take whatever help is offered, especially school.

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:16 PM
Domestic violence shelter.. yes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:49 PM
It think that is what i need :(

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Do you just need to know there is hope of having some kind of normal life again? There is. You can recover from this.

There is a St. Vincent family shelter in the city closest to me. The shelter is for women and children, men are in a different facility. They make it as nice as they can and have good resources.

The best advice I can give is to keep your head up. It is not forever. Take whatever help is offered, especially school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 25, 2014 at 1:19 PM
There is hope. Find a good caseworker. Tell them you will do what it takes to get out. Then do it. There's light at the end of the tunnel.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It think that is what i need :(

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)