Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anybody else Agree ONE Baby Shower is enough!

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:32 PM
  • 363 Replies
7 moms liked this

Okay am I alone in this. If you are having your second, third, fourth, or fifth child buy your child necessities yourself or if people want to get you something just let them drop if by your house or mail it. Why are you having a party for every baby you have? It comes off as needy to me. 

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:34 PM
18 moms liked this
If there are years in between and different genders I don't see an issue with it.
krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:35 PM
5 moms liked this
Nope.
people arent required to bring gifts to a shower. Its a fun party to play games, eat, and have some girl time in my family.

I think that tradition is getting fazed out. My friend had a shower for her fifth (fourth pregnancy because one was twins) people brought diapers or blankets or nothing. We had a blast and she put on the invitation that she didnt want gifts.
deboramomof2
by 💋sweetcandy💋 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:36 PM
3 moms liked this
I see nothing wrong with it ...had one for both my boys
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:38 PM

I think meet the baby things are more appropriate when you have multiple kids. Especially when its the same gender or one right after the other. If people want to bring a gift, great, but at least they know they are not expected to. Showers are meant to shower the mother with gifts, so gifts are expected.

staci1103
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:38 PM
3 moms liked this

Idk I have four kids and my first is 19 yrs older than my last and I only had one shower and it was with my first baby.  

kaybayblee3
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't seen any issue with it. I think a baby should be celebrated, now if they're demanding gifts and making it all about them, then yes, that seems a bit too much for me.

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:38 PM
4 moms liked this

I don't have an issue with it. People should celebrate a baby however they choose, it's none of my business. Also, most of the time someone else is throwing the shower for the mother. I don't know a single person that has thrown a shower for themself.

sarah824
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:39 PM
6 moms liked this

I don't think anyone, ever, should host/throw their own baby shower regardless of it being their 1st or 20th. If someone (friends, family, etc.) wants to host a shower for a mom expecting her 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc then why is it a big deal?

A group of my mom friends had a shower for me with my 2nd. Was I supposed to tell them not to since I had already had a shower with my first?

Sydel
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:39 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't really care. I've only been invited to two for the same person where there wasn't a 5 year or more gap. And in that case I gave the mom an Applebee's gift card instead of a baby gift.

I had two baby showers. My girls have diffrent biological dads and I had different friends in my life at the time of both pregnancies. My youngest is now 7 and if I were to have another baby there is a chance I'd have another baby shower. Different friends again. I would never ask one to throw me one or even throw one for myself but I know my current friends would be all about throwing one. I don't see them as a gift party. I see them as a get together before the baby's birth.

jamamama00
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)