Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how would you feel?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
You're looking for a sitter for 2 days a week, every so often 3 days, for a few hours a day (around 3-4 hours) for 1.5 yr old and 3 year old. One of them said she is only taking jobs she can bring her 10 month old and 2.5 year old. My kids wouldn't wake up til after I leave so would need to be gotten out of bed and fed breakfast, then occupied the rest of the morning til I get home. Only other thing that would NEED to be done is letting the dogs out once to use the bathroom once.

Would you be comfortable with it or automatically elimate them from any options?

Side note, 1.5 year old isn't walking fully and 3 year old is potty trained and has communication delays, in case that'd make a difference to anyone.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Molz09
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:13 PM

I would want to meet the kids and see what kind of a mother/caretaker she is before I made any final decisions 

MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:13 PM

They'd be eliminated. You don't get to bring your kids to work with you.

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:13 PM

It wouldn't automatically eliminate her from my selections, but I'd want to meet her kids and see if I wanted them in my house that much.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Deal breaker to me, I am hiring someone to watch MY child/children, not someone who is looking to bring her own

Uhura
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Depends on how comfy I felt around her otherwise, better to meet first and also see how her kids behave.

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:15 PM
i'd find someone without kids, or someone who didn't have to bring them with. I want my kids to be top priority, if i'm paying them.
Mrs_Snail
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:16 PM
I'd eliminate her automatically
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:16 PM
Hmmm. That's tough. I'd consider it if she understood that she's not going to get extra pay for her kids, and that the food in the house is only for your children. And she would have to provide contacts that you can follow up on to confirm that they'd be willing to watch her kids should they get sick. You don't want her to bail out on you.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:17 PM

I wouldn't automatically elimate her. I would interview her, meet the kids, let all the kids meet. If everyone seemed to get alone I would probably be ok as long as there are rules.

RavensRose
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:18 PM

I would not hire someone that wants to bring their kids along. I'm paying someone to watch and take care of my child. I'm not paying someone to take care of their own.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)