Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I confess I'm a bit of a grinch

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:52 PM
  • 75 Replies

Mobile Photo

This is the most I'm willing to tolerate. Why? Because I'm neurotic about my house and I don't like for my life to be disrupted much at all. I don't like big bulky trees taking over my living space. The truth is if I didn't have kids, I'd probably just put out some poinsettias and call it a day for decorating. So that's my holiday confession.
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mattiehatter
by Mary on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:53 PM
I don't put up anything.
januaryqueen
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:08 PM
There's a part of me that'd like to do more. But the thought of my house being altered so much bothers me.

Quoting mattiehatter: I don't put up anything.
Bubbie0809
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:10 PM
If it wasn't for the kids.
I wouldn't do anything.
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Okay

504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Sad for your kids :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:14 PM
2 moms liked this

I find this sad.  I could never live like this especially because I have kids.  You're like my sister who it doesn't even look like kids live in her home and I always feel so badly for my nephew.  He was never allowed to be a normal kid.  No toys left out, nothing out of place or moved, no existance other than a tooth brush in the bathroom and a few photos hanging around that an actual child lives in the house.

januaryqueen
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:17 PM
2 moms liked this
So a clean, nice, organized home means kids don't have a good childhood?? That's the craziest nonsense I've ever heard.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

I find this sad.  I could never live like this especially because I have kids.  You're like my sister who it doesn't even look like kids live in her home and I always feel so badly for my nephew.  He was never allowed to be a normal kid.  No toys left out, nothing out of place or moved, no existance other than a tooth brush in the bathroom and a few photos hanging around that an actual child lives in the house.

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Oh man... I love christmas trees. Sometimes I wish I could have it up all year long.

januaryqueen
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:18 PM
Why? Because I don't destroy my house with decorations?

Quoting 504bbymami: Sad for your kids :/
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Your response to my post proves my point even more so.  Horribly sad.  My house is clean and organized as well but you can also tell that children live here and there existance is located all over.  We aren't a show room we are a home.

Quoting januaryqueen: So a clean, nice, organized home means kids don't have a good childhood?? That's the craziest nonsense I've ever heard.
Quoting fullxbusymom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)