• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To call CPS or not?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

I cannot decide if calling CPS on my sibling is worth it or not. I know my neices are being abused by the new husband but I can't prove it. I also can't decide if calling CPS will cause more abuse to my neices or not. I feel like I should call because doing nothing is just not right, but will it be beneficial or not?

I have called CPS on someone else before (and there was physical proof then) and nothing happened, so it makes me leery of calling again.

I just don't know if having CPS show up would scare them enough to make them stop or make them so angry it escalates. Plus we don't want the kids kept from the family.

Idealy they both need to die in a fiery car accident so we can take the kids. A girl can pray!

So if you've called CPS did it work out or not?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:05 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:09 PM
I have called CPS on my sister and it was the best decision I ever made. My nephew was being neglected by sister and in a bad situation. I called and my sister was forced to straighten up and do right by him. She was ordered parenting classes, had to have a safety plan for my nephew, pass drug classes and test, and had to obtain employment and her own place for herself and my nephew. It was worth it to me. I remained anonymous and she didn't know it was me and still to this day she doesn't know it was me. What mattered to me was the safety of my nephew, not what she thought or what her feelings were. I felt he deserved better and deserved a voice. If you're not a voice for the children...the who will be??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:11 PM

Oh I'm not concerned about her and what she will think of me. I'm concerned CPS will go out, talk to the kids and the paernts, and do nothing. Then the new husband will be furious CPS was there and abuse the kids more. That's the fear that stops me from calling because I have called before and nothing happened to help the kid I called for.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I have called CPS on my sister and it was the best decision I ever made. My nephew was being neglected by sister and in a bad situation. I called and my sister was forever to straighten up and do right by him. She was ordered parenting classes, had to have a safety plan for my nephew, pass drug classes and test, and had to obtain employment and her own place for herself and my nephew. It was worth it to me. I remained anonymous and she didn't know it was me and still to the is day doesn't know it was me. What mattered to me was the safety of my nephew, not what she thought or what her feelings were. I felt he deserved better and deserved a voice. If you're not a voice for the children...the who will be??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:14 PM
I don't know about in your state, but in mine they have to keep the case open for 30 days and do pop in and scheduled visits. Is there any proof that he is abusing the kids? Marks, bruises...etc.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Oh I'm not concerned about her and what she will think of me. I'm concerned CPS will go out, talk to the kids and the paernts, and do nothing. Then the new husband will be furious CPS was there and abuse the kids more. That's the fear that stops me from calling because I have called before and nothing happened to help the kid I called for.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I have called CPS on my sister and it was the best decision I ever made. My nephew was being neglected by sister and in a bad situation. I called and my sister was forever to straighten up and do right by him. She was ordered parenting classes, had to have a safety plan for my nephew, pass drug classes and test, and had to obtain employment and her own place for herself and my nephew. It was worth it to me. I remained anonymous and she didn't know it was me and still to the is day doesn't know it was me. What mattered to me was the safety of my nephew, not what she thought or what her feelings were. I felt he deserved better and deserved a voice. If you're not a voice for the children...the who will be??

Supercooper07
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:14 PM

If you know there's abuse then yes, call.  Call as many times as it takes for something to be done.  Do you ever get to see the kids?  Do they come over and spend time with you?  If so, call then.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:17 PM

I see them only at group gatherings. It's a shared idea in the family though. I'm simply the person who usually acts. There is fear that the kids would be kept from us if we do this as well. There's a lot of fear of the unknown here. I usually do not base my decisions on fear but I'm very afraid of what would happen to the kids should CPS take no action.

Quoting Supercooper07:

If you know there's abuse then yes, call.  Call as many times as it takes for something to be done.  Do you ever get to see the kids?  Do they come over and spend time with you?  If so, call then.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:20 PM

They really did nothing last time I called and there were physical bruises on the face and body of the child I called for. So I don't know if we got a bad case worker or if this is just how they work, by doing nothing.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I don't know about in your state, but in mine they have to keep the case open for 30 days and do pop in and scheduled visits. Is there any proof that he is abusing the kids? Marks, bruises...etc.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:22 PM
That is horrible!! I always say be a voice for the children. If you feel in your heart that they are being a abused, it needs to be investigated!

Quoting Anonymous 1:

They really did nothing last time I called and there were physical bruises on the face and body of the child I called for. So I don't know if we got a bad case worker or if this is just how they work, by doing nothing.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I don't know about in your state, but in mine they have to keep the case open for 30 days and do pop in and scheduled visits. Is there any proof that he is abusing the kids? Marks, bruises...etc.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:24 PM

I've called on a couple people, didn't help either situaton.

blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Call cps. What if he really hurts the child and you didn't call?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)