Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How low can you get?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:09 PM
  • 11 Replies

Mobile Photo

I'm not sure how they got my address but I just recently lost my grandmother and this came addressed to me.
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yksmom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:14 PM
Wow. Someone needs to figure out how to advertise their business without looking like tacky ambulance chasers.
ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:16 PM
what? i don't see anything
ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:18 PM
nevermind i see it now.
angelachristine
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:18 PM
I got really upset and almost cried when I saw it. We didn't need to buy a stone anyway my grandmother shares hers with my grandfather.

I just wondered if this was a thing now idk. I just want to tell everyone locally not to use these people.

Also, their store is in a flea market so combined with their horrible advertising i doubt they are any good anyway.

Quoting yksmom: Wow. Someone needs to figure out how to advertise their business without looking like tacky ambulance chasers.
TheNamelessDoll
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Man, that really is tacky and low. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Sometimes people are pretty consumed in their grief that they don't want to shop around (especially if they didn't pre-plan). They're simply offering a service at an appropriate time.

Molz09
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:23 PM

That is so rude.   Wow

yksmom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:47 PM
I'm sorry you were upset. ((Hugs))

As far as I know, this is not a thing now. I'd guess it is a failed attempt to advertise. It's a hard business to advertise-- my husband did advertising for a funeral home years ago. There was a limit to what he could do, of course, but also a limit to what he could say around the office to his coworkers.

I don't think you need to tell people not to use them. They tried, they failed, but there was no ill-will. If anything, call or write them and let them know it was tasteless.

Quoting angelachristine: I got really upset and almost cried when I saw it. We didn't need to buy a stone anyway my grandmother shares hers with my grandfather.

I just wondered if this was a thing now idk. I just want to tell everyone locally not to use these people.

Also, their store is in a flea market so combined with their horrible advertising i doubt they are any good anyway.

Quoting yksmom: Wow. Someone needs to figure out how to advertise their business without looking like tacky ambulance chasers.
xxkb
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:51 PM
I don't find it wrong of them to do so. It's not like they knew your grandmother was sharing a stone. But if I were in the position of handling a funeral, I would find it helpful bc I would be so frazzled and not know where to begin.

Although it is kind of creepy how they found out and mailed it to you. And I'm sorry for your loss!
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:54 PM

Omg, that's obnoxious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)