• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is inappropriate?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:17 PM
  • 2 Replies
My bff has a 6 year old and a 4 year old.

She wasn't feeling well and had her son give his sister a sandwich for dinner and then asked him if he'd be ok to give her a bath. Not really wash her-she does that for the most part by herself-but just kind of make sure she's ok in the tub. She doesn't wash her hair every night.

He takes showers now but I know he likes to play in the tub and runs his own baths sometines-I babysit them quite a bit. So he's capable of pouring water into the tub and making sure she doesn't stand up and jump around or anything.

Well, she just called me super upset bc her ex MIL (her daughter bio grandmother) stopped by unannounced with a thanksgiving gift for the daughter and was really mad that the boy was in the bathroom with the girl.

I mean, he was sitting in there with his tablet playing a game while the sister was splashing around in the tub. The grandmother says the brother was reaching and pouring soap on the girl...but the boy said he was putting more bubbles in the tub bc they were going flat.

The grandmother said it inappropriate and the boy could have touched his sister. I just don't get it bc I grew up with my cousins. A lot of nights we would help the little ones get ready for bed if we were at our grandmothers for the weekend. And I have male cousins around my age who helped with the little girls cousins too. It never even occurred to me that they shouldn't be giving someone a bath...they were kids!

I think grandma over reacted and there's nothing wrong with an older sibling helping give a smaller one a bath.
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Grandma needs to mind her own business. 

spooky415
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:28 PM
My friend said she was totally shocked to see her there. She hasn't heard anything from her ex in like a year. Every now and then he posts on FB about his kids being kept from him (only the girl is biologically his) and she'll write on there that If he'd return a phone call every now and then, he could come see his daughter.

But he doesn't. He likes to say he's a great daddy...but he doesn't act like it. And his family makes it all about race.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Grandma needs to mind her own business. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)