Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Take it back because it isn't fair that he isn't getting one too!!!

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:18 PM
  • 81 Replies
I got my daughter a new Xbox with Kinect for Christmas. Her old one constantly pops up the red ring of death. The new one I got her is awesome. Huge storage and can hook up to the interwebz.

A few weeks ago my next to oldest nephew was whining because he wants a new Xbox. His is in perfect condition. Only thing wrong is he has no storage on it. He constantly has to get units or whatever they are called so he can play his games.

2 days ago I got her Xbox off layaway. I had it hid in the attached garage, which is where I also keep extra school stuff. My nephew came up here because he needed paper and pens. So he goes out there. He had to have snooped around to be able to find this damn Xbox. He comes back in, and asks me if its his. Um.....no! I told him it's for Jaidyn, from Santa. He acted pissed, but didn't say anything else about it.

Then today, I get a call from his mom. She proceeds to bitch me out, telling me I need to take it back and get my money back, or give it to Ryan!!! She said he feels bad because my daughter has a new one and he doesn't. I told her my kid, I buy what I want her to have. Her kid, she buys what she wants him to have. I get my kiddo what I can afford to get her, and if she can not afford an Xbox, not my problem. ( btw, she makes over $20 an hour. I make $15. )

She is still telling me to take it back, or give it to him. Fuck that! He is 16 years old. Time to cut the cord, mom!!!
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
purplemonkey702
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell the bitch to go fuck herself.

Alchemist_Momma
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this
She's crazy if she thinks I am taking it back or giving it to him. DD has been begging me for a new for over a year. I'm now able to buy her things like that and yes, spoil her a bit at Christmas time. He will NOT be getting this Xbox.

Quoting purplemonkey702:

mischele
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:23 PM
I would tell her to stuff it
RavensRose
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd tell her to go fuck herself.   What I buy or don't buy for my kid, has jack shit to do with her kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:24 PM
5 moms liked this
I'd be putting it somewhere else before it comes up missing and precious snowflake all of sudden has a new xbox from "mommy".
LalasMommy1125
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:24 PM
This can't be real life....how in the hell did she think that would be an acceptable request???
TresHijas111825
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this
This can't be for real? Surely no mom, no person would actually make that request of you?

That's fucking ridiculous. I would have hung up the phone on her crazy ass. I'll be damned!
Alchemist_Momma
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:25 PM
I already have it moved. It's locked in the trunk of my car.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'd be putting it somewhere else before it comes up missing and precious snowflake all of sudden has a new xbox from "mommy"
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:26 PM

She's a nut job.

purplemonkey702
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:26 PM

Exactly. You shouldn't have to only buy presents for your child that won't make others jealous and bitchy. It's your child, you have the right to buy her whatever you like.

Quoting Alchemist_Momma: She's crazy if she thinks I am taking it back or giving it to him. DD has been begging me for a new for over a year. I'm now able to buy her things like that and yes, spoil her a bit at Christmas time. He will NOT be getting this Xbox.
Quoting purplemonkey702:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)