Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you attend this baby shower?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 131 Replies
My sister is pregnant and her best friend and I are planning her baby shower. For the most part, it's pretty traditional, but my sister has made two wishes very clear. One, she wants the guests to bring gifts that are homemade. If they insist on buying something instead, nothing over $20. Her other request is that it be a co-ed shower.

At first, I cringed a bit, but as the planning has worked itself out, I think it's going to be amazing :) Would you attend a shower like my sisters?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:29 PM
3 moms liked this
Yes I would go. But I am so not crafty so she would be getting a $20 gift from me.
mischele
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:29 PM
Never been to a coed shower
Candiebears
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:29 PM

Yes! I love it! Can I get an invite!!

Molz09
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah.  I like her requests actually.  I'd rather have homemade heartfelt gifts over something someone just grabbed off a shelf anyway.  And I like that if you do chose to go storebougnt, she's not asking for huge items. 

And coed showers are more fun in my opinion lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:31 PM
Lol, thats what my dad said at first! Now, he's almost finished building a beautiful crib :)

He's such a dork...but I love him!

Quoting MrsDavidB25: Yes I would go. But I am so not crafty so she would be getting a $20 gift from me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:32 PM
Me either O.o

Quoting mischele: Never been to a coed shower
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:33 PM
Of course :)

Quoting Candiebears:

Yes! I love it! Can I get an invite!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:33 PM
I like coed showers :). For my son's, my husband got to be there and he helped me out with a lot of things I was too swollen to do. I'm happy looking back at the pictures that he got to experience that day with me.

As far as the gifts, I'd be initially hesitant since I'm not super crafty, but with the addendum that guests could still bring a store bought (albeit, inexpensive) gift in lieu of homemade gifts, I would definitely go.
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:33 PM

Yes, I usually crochet or knit something as gifts. My baby shower was co-ed. I love co-ed showers.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Me neither. Apparently is is popular these days. And DH would not be thrilled to be dragged along to a shower lol

Quoting mischele: Never been to a coed shower
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)