Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

19 and Counting.....

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:52 PM
BBW
  • 4 Replies

You've probably heard of the show "19 Kids and Counting." Well, meet 19 dogs and counting.

A Pennsylvania family now has their hands full after their Great Dane gave birth to 19 puppies – all at once.

Brandon and Aimie Terry knew their dog Snowy was pregnant, but they say they weren't expecting anywhere near this many new additions.

"It's a shocker, but I'm glad that they're all here and the kids are experiencing stuff," Brandon said. "We're teachingthem how to tend to animals and stuff."

The puppies are now three weeks old.

(Click on the video player to watch them in action)

"Right now, they are into exploring and playing and fighting with each other," Aimie said.

They're just starting to open their eyes for the first time. Vets say Great Danes typically have between seven and 10 puppies.

"They told us she probably had two more weeks, and she came a week early and we were not prepared," Aimie joked.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/27416222/19-dogs-and-counting-great-danes-massive-litter

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
cbk_mom3
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:54 PM

We had a Timberwolf/German Shepard when my youngest son was a toddler. Her first litter, she had 15. The vet told us she probably had mated with more than one dog. So, after that we called her our little slut puppy. LOL. She only lost one, and that was because she was moving them, and dropped him on his head. We had no problem getting rid of the pups. Everyone wanted them. Oh, and before anyone asks, yes, she was in our fenced backyard. Once she went into heat, one dog managed to break a board to get to her. We kept repairing it, but they kep breaking it. And, once she recouped from that litter, we had her spayed.

ArwenEvenstar
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh my.. they are ,so cute!! Love the spotted one...awww
tiffluv81
by BBW on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:04 PM

OMG 15 on the first litter. Poor baby girl..:) my baby had 13 a few months back and they are all gone as well. I sold each for 200 I made a really nice chunk of change..:) I did have her fixed just two weeks ago and then I had to send her to my moms I miss her because she was a real guard dog she protected me..

Quoting cbk_mom3:

We had a Timberwolf/German Shepard when my youngest son was a toddler. Her first litter, she had 15. The vet told us she probably had mated with more than one dog. So, after that we called her our little slut puppy. LOL. She only lost one, and that was because she was moving them, and dropped him on his head. We had no problem getting rid of the pups. Everyone wanted them. Oh, and before anyone asks, yes, she was in our fenced backyard. Once she went into heat, one dog managed to break a board to get to her. We kept repairing it, but they kep breaking it. And, once she recouped from that litter, we had her spayed.

cbk_mom3
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this

We honestly didn't even realize Timber was in heat, cause she wasn't even 2 yet. In fact, the puppies were born 4 days before she turned 18 months. I guess she had been having them all night, because when she went out at bedtime, she hadn't had any, and by the time we got up the next morning, the last one had just been born, he was still wet. Sorry you had to send yours to your mom. I know what you mean about protection. Timber was so good with our son. I could let them walk around the block alone, and know she'd bring him back completely unharmed. LOL.

Quoting tiffluv81:

OMG 15 on the first litter. Poor baby girl..:) my baby had 13 a few months back and they are all gone as well. I sold each for 200 I made a really nice chunk of change..:) I did have her fixed just two weeks ago and then I had to send her to my moms I miss her because she was a real guard dog she protected me..

Quoting cbk_mom3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)