• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I would hit her. I really think I would hit her.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

Dead teen’s family sued by driver who killed him

KcKgPPgebfKtNB8A5MHsrz-mCcZj4CVUDfROJubSrSg-300x166

Sharlene Simon, the driver of an SUV that struck a killed a teenage bicyclist, is suing the dead teen’s family for more than $1 million.  She states in court documents that the accident has caused her “great pain and suffering” and claims her victim, Brandon Majewski, was negligent in the accident saying he was an “incompetent bicyclists.

“I feel like someone kicked me in the stomach — I’m over the edge,” says Majewski’s father, Derek Majewski.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lalalie
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:55 PM
No fucking way.
elle7777
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

O.o Just when you think people couldn't get any lower.

At that point I'd say fuck it even if I wasn't going to sue initially I'd ruin her life financially with a civil judgment of epic portions in a counter suit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:00 PM
Well.... Maybe if cyclists were a little more considerate on the road this wouldn't be an issue. Hopefully the person suing loses, but this teaches cyclists that they're not invincible.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:02 PM
I read about this awhile ago. Yeah, she's got some nerve.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2: Well.... Maybe if cyclists were a little more considerate on the road this wouldn't be an issue. Hopefully the person suing loses, but this teaches cyclists that they're not invincible.

Newsflash:

Bicyclists have been around a few hundred years now. Long before the car. It's an issue she should be able to deal with now.

She is a vulture that wants money.

blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:04 PM
Omfg. I hope she loses.
Smaug
by Book Worm on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:06 PM
She needs a serious comeuppance.
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:06 PM

WTF is wrong with people?!

Patti-Gee
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Depending on the state where the accident happend it is perfectly legal.  

redo
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:08 PM
I get that bicyclists are often times ignorant of the laws pertaining to them, or blatantly defiant towards them. I get that this may very well have not been her fault, and he easily could have done something too risky at the wrong moment.

But she took his life. No matter whose fault it was, ultimately she took his life. I would have such a hard time dealing with that and there is NO WAY I would sue the grieving parents of the boy I killed.

She may well be in the right about how she doesn't deserve this kind of weight, this blood on her hands so to speak. But doing this just makes her a pretty awful person.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)