Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kitchenaid Mixers! Thoughts? Mommy Bakers!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 101 Replies

Hello! I just ordered my very first Kitchenaid mixer! I know that I shouldnt be so excited about it but I am! I ordered the artisain pink stand mixer. I was stuck between the bowl lift and the tilt model. I am not going to be baking but one or two loafs of bread at a time. We are a small family of 4 so I didnt think that the bigger bowl lift would be needed! What are your thoughts?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stephw1110
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:35 PM
I love mine. I unexpectedly received ours for a wedding gift (wasn't on my registery). I would definitely think if your only doing stuff for 4-8 people you'll be fine with the smaller bowl. My mom has the bigger one and there really isn't that much difference. I make a batch of gluten free bread that does 3 loaves in our smaller bowl.
svolkov
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:37 PM
I use my hands or a spoon lol I have a bread ma chine I use in the dough cycle for bread
supermama322
by Kaylee on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:38 PM

I think I just saw your reply to my old Kitchenaid post!! Was that you??

The Artisan bowl should be fine. I make TONS of bread in mine. :)

AvantGardener
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:38 PM

I bought the tilt, and I have to say the lock sucks and after two years, it barely holds it down. I use mine a lot but I already need a new mixer. I'm sort of bummed out about it. That being said, I think if I used mine like a normal person, I would be as happy with it as everyone else seems to be.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:39 PM

I have an Oster that must be from the 70s, lol. Jealous.

CMDA2310
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:39 PM

I think it will work just fine. Have fun with it!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:39 PM
We bought the 6qt Professional mixer before our baby was born while it was just the two of us and it was very useful. The 5qt Artisan would have been restrictive at times.
Denecia
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:40 PM
I would love to get one but I just can't justify spending that much on one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
salleem
by Reddlace on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:41 PM

I have a smaller bowl and I love it. if you do a lot of baking, get the bigger one. I do a moderate amount and the standard is fine for me. I love my mixer. Best Mother's day gift I ever bought myself.

MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:42 PM

I love mine. I have the Artisan model and I just made pizza dough this afternoon. I use it at least 4 times a week to make a variety of things. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)