Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dear Mr. Pesident and other elected officials...

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:52 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this
Dear Mr President and all other elected officials,
I should NEVER, EVER, EVER have to explain to my child why you have allowed a decorated military veteran to go homeless and hungry. I should NEVER have to explain why this brings me to tears.

I could barely hold back my sadness and anger as I handed this man a bag of food. I lost it when he turned around. This should NEVER have happened to him, or any other vet.

So Mr. Commander In Chief, while you half ass salute our troops with a latte in your hand, and spend lavish amounts of money on visiting diplomats or vacations... remember why people are turning their backs on you. Remember why you have lost the respect of this nation. Why dont you come visit the sergeant who is standing on the corner of Ray and the I-10 & explain to him why you all have failed him. Or maybe I should ask the president before you. Seems he at least had some respect for those who defended not only this country but YOU as well.

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eykelley
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:55 PM
Bump
couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol
PrincessPizza
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this
This was happening long before Obama. Viet Nam ring any bells?
incogNinja
by Whofflé on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:57 PM
Anyone can mismanage money.
mammabear87
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Why did you write " and all other elected officials" if you are just going to blame it on the president?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:57 PM
2 moms liked this

Of course no vets were ever mistreated and homeless before Obama was in office!  Thanks Obama!

eykelley
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:58 PM
It may have been, but he shows a true lack of respect for holding the title of commander in chief. One of these damn presidents should attempt to do something to help them. :(

Quoting PrincessPizza: This was happening long before Obama. Viet Nam ring any bells?
RavensRose
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Vets being treated like shit has been happening for decades. It's nothing new. The people responsible for that, is Congress. The same useless assholes that keep getting re-elected over and over again. Some for decades upon decades. 

eykelley
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:00 PM
I hold him most responsible... you know... as the commander in chief and all. But, i did say for them all to visit him. Its Obama who shows the most lack of respect imo.

Quoting mammabear87:

Why did you write " and all other elected officials" if you are just going to blame it on the president?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)