• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dating while pregnant?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

So i'm waiting for AF to show up but i dont think shes going to... im on my TWW i suppose... long story short my ex fiance and I hooked up after not seeing each other for a year after i broke off the engagement and now im starting to show the signs...

i know it was stupid dont criticize me please... no one can kick me harder then i'm kicking myself...

He has made it clear that he wants no part in our lives if i am pregnant

anyways now to the tricky or rather trickier part

I have a coworker who is very sweet who asked me out today... i dont know yet its too early to test and i dont want to put him off like "yah im waiting to see if im pregnant or not to date." etc... so i told him i would go out with him (i do have a slight thing for him) 

what do i tell him if im pregnant? When do i tell him if i'm pregnant? Should I date while pregnant? 

What do yall think? 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SylviaPerez
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this

go out and date, just don't do the mistake to sleep on the first date..

take it slow dont rush into anything you are not ready for..

once you find out, let the guy know... don't lead him on... and plus you never know he might care for you enough that he accepts you with your child (that's if you are preggos ofcourse)

Ginger0104
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Turning him down could ruin what might be a wonderful relationship, especially if you're not actually pregnant.

If you find out you are just let him know as soon as possible.  Delaying is just wrong.  Give him a chance to decide how he feels about it. 

veros323
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Can you not wait? Why?

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:16 PM
Aside from the ew factor, my issue with dating while pregnant is that it means you didn't take time for yourself and your baby before getting involved with someone else.
PacMan80
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:16 PM

You can share your info once you know for sure and when once he's asked you on a 2nd date.  

Personally I wouldn't date while pregnant.  Too much to deal with.

kristiwalker09
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:16 PM

I'd go out with him and not mention what isn't even for sure yet, but when you find out... and if you are pregnant then he deserves to know if you two will be dating. he may stick around, he may not. GL.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:19 PM
You don't have to tell him all your business on a first date. See if you're actually pregnant before you worry yourself and then go from there.
wise.toes
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:26 PM

this.

i woudln't string the guy along, but if he's a decent person and actually really interested he'd wait. 

Quoting thenameshailie: Aside from the ew factor, my issue with dating while pregnant is that it means you didn't take time for yourself and your baby before getting involved with someone else.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:32 PM

yah ya'll are right... and hopefully if its meant to be it will be... thats my firm belief...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)