Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question from a friend

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

Poll

Question: who should cook?

Options:

HIM who knows how?

HER who sucks?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 35

View Results

So my friends dh and her have a bet.

Here is the scoop.

He cooks, VERY well. He went to school for it and I've tried some of the stuff he does at home and he is great.

SHE does not cook, I'm not sure if it is from not knowing how (she claims no one has taught her how) and she SUCKS!!! Wants to fry eggs in water, reheat mac and cheese on the stove and wonder why it burns ect.

(yes she is standing behind me shaking her head and says it is not that bad....... yes it is LOL)

SOOOO with this information who should make thanksgiving dinner?

HE can cook,

SHE can't cook

HE wants HER to cook because he does it all day at work and doesn't want to do it  at home. (they been married 10 years he has cooked maybe 5 times. Yet will be the first one to tell her she sucks but thinks this will make her learn how. (he doesn't help her)

SHE wants HIM to cook cause well he KNOWS how.LOL

SO HE says who ever gets the most votes has to cook.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:57 PM
4 moms liked this
I think they should cook the meal together. They'll have fun, the meal will be edible & maybe she'll learn a few things.
butterfly61806
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:57 PM
He has a good reason to have her Cook and doesn't take a chef to follow a recipe
lilmoosesmom
by Cat on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:58 PM
Why can't they both cook together?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:00 PM
Save the headache and go out to eat!!
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:00 PM
They should cook it together.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:01 PM
Compromise and cook together or go out.
Hoppers33
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:01 PM
Him. I don't cook, my husband does. If he expected me to make a whole Thanksgiving dinner, I'd order it from Publix.
RavensRose
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:02 PM

Who has the most time to be able to cook?  My husband is a chef, but he works 10-14 hours a day most days at his restaurant. So I cook at home, I'm a SAHM.  My husband cooks at home sometimes, a few times a month.  But I don't expect him to cook at home. If he cooked for 200 people at work (that's the # of reservations alone last night), he is too damn tired to come home and cook for me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:02 PM
Him. I know it's mean but it's kind of a waste of food when people who can't cook attempt to. Lol.
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:02 PM

If they can't do it together or go out to eat, he should. I'm sure he would be very disappointed to have to eat burnt or bad tasting food for a holiday. Maybe if they start now, she can start cooking with him at home and by next year she can take over.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)