Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies

My son goes to a school for children who are depressed or emotionally upset. It is a theraputic school. Many of the kids there come from broken homes and lower income homes.

My son does not.  He is the one of the only kids there who do NOT qualify for a free or reduced priced lunch.

There are only 37 kids in the school.  So today he comes home with a frozen turkey-and fresh veggies (onions potatoes and carrots-along with a jar of turkey gravy)  Apparently all of the familes got one.

I do not NEED it.  What should I do with it?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
over40bride
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:59 PM

Donate it.

MilkLover0203
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:00 PM
Just have him give it back so they can give it to someone who does need it.
DallasCowboys81
by Don't live in Texas! on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:00 PM
2 moms liked this
Donate it. Take it to your nearest shelter, church, or anything like that. Drop it off to a pan handler. Pay it forward!!!!
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:00 PM

I would put it in the freezer and save it for another day. I would eat the veggies for dinner.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:02 PM

Quoting Raeann11:

I would put it in the freezer and save it for another day. I would eat the veggies for dinner.

But I don't need it. 

Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:04 PM

Then donate it.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Raeann11:

But I don't need it. 

504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:05 PM
Donate it of course!

How is this even a question? Lol

There is a program that provides thanksgiving meals for families of military members. We've never needed them, so when we had them given to us we would just find a family that is less fortunate and give it to them. We sponsor a few families every year for thanksgiving anyways so it wasn't even a question for us what to do with it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Quoting MilkLover0203: Just have him give it back so they can give it to someone who does need it.

They have no freezer facilities there. All of the families got a dinner-so how would they keep it all day and then what would the teachers have to do to get it where it needs to be?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:06 PM

I called my local pantry. They will be open tomorrow-but can't take any perishable foods.

MilkLover0203
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:06 PM
Well then drive yourself over to the salvation army. It doesn't have to be that complicated.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting MilkLover0203: Just have him give it back so they can give it to someone who does need it.

They have no freezer facilities there. All of the families got a dinner-so how would they keep it all day and then what would the teachers have to do to get it where it needs to be?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)