• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Running off to get married

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
Do you think it's silly to marry someone you just met? Not that's gonna happen but the idea has been thrown out there.

I started this new job about a month ago and he's my manager. I haven't had sex with him yet be we are already in a committed relationship. I can't even begin to explain the love we all ready have with each other and how natural him and I just flow together. The passion between us and how well we just get along. I can't even imagine what our first intimate encounter will be, and I'm sure nothing short then amazing. It's just all so insane!! I'm getting butterflies as I type this. We just click so well together. And the way he is with my 3 kids (same father from a previous relationship that lasted 9 years) he just adores my children and tells me how much he wants to be official to myself and my kids and that he just wants a family with us all.

I don't know this seems so crazy to me but can't help it I'm so so so much in love with him. But when you know you know right?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:25 PM
3 moms liked this
I think when kids are involved, you need to slow down and realize it's not just about you. Its not even been a month and he's met your kids? Not very responsible if you ask me.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:26 PM
He's your manager? Doesn't sound like it will end well for either of you.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:27 PM
It works for some people. Not something I'd be willing to do.
AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:28 PM

I think it's a bad idea to get in a relationship with a supervisor...

Bubbie0809
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:28 PM
2 moms liked this

The things that I did when I didn't have kids

(met and moved in with my husband within a month)

I wouldn't do with children. I think I would be nervous about having 

someone I don't know well, so close to my children. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:30 PM

I've met ppl who've fallen in love in a matter of weeks, and married less than 3 months from the day they met! Some of those couples have lasted, but the majority of them have ended in divorce. I've heard the longer you know someone before you get married, the more likely you will STAY married to them.

MooseMomma
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:31 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree. Before I had my children I probably wouldn't have thought twice about moving in with a guy I've known a month.

But with kids- no way. It would take a whole lot of time for me to be that comfortable with someone.

Quoting Bubbie0809:

The things that I did when I didn't have kids

(met and moved in with my husband within a month)

I wouldn't do with children. I think I would be nervous about having 

someone I don't know well, so close to my children. 

CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:32 PM
No way in hell would any boyfriend be around my kids within only a month of meeting him. Sorry.

Hope everything turns out well for you though.
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:33 PM
This.
It's totally looked down upon to date co-workers, ESP those higher up than you, in most professional fields as well.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I think when kids are involved, you need to slow down and realize it's not just about you. Its not even been a month and he's met your kids? Not very responsible if you ask me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:34 PM

Yeah with kids you kinda have to slow down but I understand. I met my DH and we became a couple the night we met. We did it that night too lol >.< Two weeks later I had a diamond on my hand and 6 months after that wedding bells. Still going strong after 9 years. 

My family thought I was nuts, I just knew it was right. He was the one for me. Still is. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)