Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A dilemma about a guy.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
Would you rather be with a guy who adores you, would do anything for you, and really wants to make a relationship work BUT you don't connect with him intellectually and you're not physically attracted to him.

Or would you rather be with a guy that you connect with emotionally, intellectually, and sexually but he doesn't treat you as well as guy #1?

I got married in an arranged marriage at a very young age. We've been married for 5 years and have a child together.
I'm in a scenario type 1 marriage and I'm very torn whether to stay or leave.

I will obviously not base my decision solely on you're opinions, but I'm very curious to hear people's thoughts on the matter.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
2Sexy4MyShirt
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:38 PM

I'd rather be with the #1 situation. It's supposed to be for the rest of your life so how he treats you should mean just about everything. Looks aren't everything. We all get old, wrinkly, saggy, and nasty eventually so why worry about that? Be happy you have someone who treats you great, those are hard to come by.

Besides, you made a vow for better or for worse, right? You're going through doubts and that's on the worse end but you can get through it if you try.

CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:38 PM

You can have both. I feel very connected to my DH, he's hott and he also treats me well. I wouldn't settle for one or the other, I want the whole package!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:40 PM
I wouldn't choose either. I have #1 and am miserable. I could have had #2 but I walked. Good luck.
Basicrose
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:43 PM

scenario #2...does he treat you well? If so, i would rather be connected with someone myself.

QuietNarrative
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:19 PM

niether.  hold out and find someone who is really right for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:47 PM
I'm already married so I can't really hold out and wait for someone else. I can either choose to stay and know what I'm in, or I can choose to leave and try to find someone with the full package (which I'm not guarenteed to find.)

My question is essentially would you rather stay in this kind of marriage or would you leave and hope for the best?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:29 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)