Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How is this rude, exactly?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

I often look on Craigslist for certain things under the free option.  Sometimes you can find some neat stuff, but you have to look through them.  A friend was interested after I had shown her some wall-decor I had picked up to paint.  She noticed that I would not look at anything furniture related if they said they had animals.  Apparently that's rude.  I'm looking at free stuff, and should take whatever.  Woman, these people usually put this stuff on here to avoid having to haul it off themselves, or the fees that go along with taking it to a dump.  I don't message them arguing about cat-scratched furniture, I just pass that ad..  

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:09 PM
I post things to help someone else out. It would be much easier to just dump it in my trash or put it on the curb.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:10 PM
Should you accept a bag full of dog shit just because it's free?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:12 PM

You're good people.  I am just going by the conversations of people I have "picked" from.

Point still stands.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I post things to help someone else out. It would be much easier to just dump it in my trash or put it on the curb.

TresHijas111825
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:13 PM
You're not rude...your friend is an idiot though.
mommybear91
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:17 PM
I wouldn't say rude.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:19 PM
It's not rude.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:26 PM

I understand both sides....

to her... beggars cant be choosers..

however....

you arent "begging", seeing as you didntpost asking for things, you are just interested in what others are offering.

if you were asking for free things, rather than taking people up on an offer, than i would agree with your friend. as the situation stands, i agree with you....

AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:29 PM
No it's not rude.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)