Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I told her i would throw her phone in a pot of stew !

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:10 PM
  • 26 Replies
I am a CNA but work in dietary on Mondays baking for the residents, and our new hire is very young and immature and was on her phone constantly this afternoon. Being that we work in healthcare there are privacy guidelines that we are supposed to follow regarding cell phone use and she flat out ignored it ...

Omg all I could think was I wanted to rip her flashy iPhone 6 out of her hand and toss it into a big ole pot of beef stew

vent over 👾
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JackAttacks
by Angel on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this
So report her. Privacy violations are very strict and there for a reason.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:12 PM
Lol! You don't want to have to purchase a new iPhone 6, so control your temper.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:12 PM

Tomorrow or next shift tell her to shut it off until her shift is over or go home !

Dardenella
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Way to ruin a stew!

Why not simply report her?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:13 PM
I hate to see employees on the phone when they're not supposed to be. Recently I walked into a resident room to see the aid sitting on the bed talking on the phone like it was no big deal!
articmom
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:13 PM
I know I know lol , but Jesus it was driving me BANANAS

Quoting Danesmommy1: Lol! You don't want to have to purchase a new iPhone 6, so control your temper.
articmom
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:14 PM
I would be irate !

Quoting Anonymous 1: I hate to see employees on the phone when they're not supposed to be. Recently I walked into a resident room to see the aid sitting on the bed talking on the phone like it was no big deal!
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Expensive ingredient for that stew that will have to be replaced. ;)

As others have suggested, lay down the law about the phones and if she still continues, report her.

smurfette1903
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:15 PM
Unfortunately it seems some folks can't live without their cell phone in their hands. I work with one of those. She is so busy texting that she needs whole meetings repeated for her. It's fucking pathetic.
articmom
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:15 PM
I am her direct supervisor while she trains to be a pca tomorrow, and I have zero tolerance. If my phone is in the car hers will be too.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Tomorrow or next shift tell her to shut it off until her shift is over or go home !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)