Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Highschooler dating a 7th grader???? wtf???

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:58 PM
  • 59 Replies

Ok, so here goes....

I have a 12 year old daughter, i do not have custody of her, and she lives in a different state than I do, but we talk on fb as much as we can. Well the other day I noticed that she put up a post about how she is "in love" with this kid, so me being the snoopy mom that I am, decided to look at this kid's profile, and what I saw set me off... big time.... the boy is 16 years old, so that should put him as a 10th grader?? he is in a JROTC (Junior Reserved Officer Training Corps) uniform, and he has the highschool listed on his profile page as where he goes to school. My daughter does not turn 13 until January, and in Feburary the boy will be turning 17.... someone please tell me... do I have a right to be concerned about this??? even the slightest bit???   As far as I know her father and step mother are alright with this, even though I think that it is wrong

Angeljigsaw ribbonyellow ribbongay pride ribbon

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Ofcourse you should be concerned. Ask her about it right now.

tvsoccermom15
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:03 PM
4 moms liked this

I wouldn't be okay with this.

Talk with her father and figure out if it's a real relationship or just a "OMG! He's so cute" kinda crush relationship.  

babyblue415
by champagne on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:06 PM
Why don't you have custody of your dd?
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Some kids are Juniors at 16.  I would NOT be happy about this at all. Do you and your Ex get along enough to talk about it ? Have you spoken with DD about it ?

AMRORAS2013
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:08 PM

I have mentioned it to her a couple of days ago via fb messaging, but she has not replied to it yet

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Ofcourse you should be concerned. Ask her about it right now.

Angeljigsaw ribbonyellow ribbongay pride ribbon

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:08 PM
I can't speak for op, but it seems obvious to me that it's because she lives with dad. Is something wrong with that?

Quoting babyblue415: Why don't you have custody of your dd?
mommybear91
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:08 PM
Yea id ask her about it
Ultrakiwi
by Glockenspiel on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Eck.  Yeah, I'd talk to dad and SM about this.  Is there any chance he is just upping his age?  A lot of kids do that on Facebook.  

bigmouthbabe
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:10 PM
3 moms liked this
Hmmm. Honestly while I think the age gap is too big personally I'm more inclined to trust the parents decision that actually HAVE custody versus a BM that clearly isn't raising her child.
babyblue415
by champagne on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:11 PM
Nothing is wrong with it i just wanted to know why

Quoting Anonymous 1: I can't speak for op, but it seems obvious to me that it's because she lives with dad. Is something wrong with that?

Quoting babyblue415: Why don't you have custody of your dd?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)