• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can she do that with the way we were raised?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

My sister called and I was doing the dishes, while chatting she asked "what is that noise" so I told her, she said "but it's 9pm"  I said, "yea, the chores don't care!" and laughed.

She told me she doesn't wash her dinner dishes, she leaves them all night and all day, and washes all the dishes before dinner.  That means there are dirty dishes in her sink 24hours a day.

We grew up in a home, so badly infested with cockroaches, we both ended up leaving home at 16yrs old.  I can remember sleeping on the roof in the summer just to try and get away from it.  You could feel them crawling on you when you turned the lights out. They didn't even go away when the light were on, there were just less of them.  There were always roaches under everything you picked up, crawling up walls, in the windowsills ect.

I don't understand how she can grow up in that environment and be ok with leaving dirty dishes out at all times.  My house is spotless, always.  Hers, while she picks everything up so it's neat but is dirty.  She never disinfects things, never washes things.  She doesn't have bugs, but I don't feel comfortable in her house, I don't understand how she can.

Is it me?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:42 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:44 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:47 PM

oh FFS!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:47 PM

???

Quoting Anonymous 2:

oh FFS!

Shaddowkat10129
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:48 PM
I grew up the same way. But it's up to her, not you.
emandab
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Yes it is you.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:49 PM
Meh.
myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:50 PM
I sometimes leave my dishes over night. I don't and never have had roaches in this house. When we lived in the trailer I never left anything out and had roaches because my neighbor next door did and everytime she would bomb they would come over to my house. But they weren't that bad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:50 PM
I do that and there is nothing wrong with that in my opinion. But i wash them first thing in the morning!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Maybe because she was raised that way she thinks it's normal. I know some women who are disgusting. I don't get it either. I'm always cleaning something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)