Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hope you enjoy your free shoes, a**hole

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
My debit card info was stolen, and someone went shoe shopping in Houston with my money. What the actual fuck? WHY do people steal from others? I am so seriously thankful I happened to only have 30 bucks or so in my account. Thankfully, it will be refunded because my bank's fraud department caught it and called me. The card is now cancelled. Ugh!!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:42 PM
that sucks, so sorry. glad the bank caught it and you arent out of anything
EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Sorry, I'm glad you're getting your money back though. Do you know what happened?
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:43 PM
I'm glad your bank will fix it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:44 PM
I hate thieves. Glad u are getting it taken care of.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:45 PM
Tis the season. It makes me angry they start with small charges then try the big ones. I was watching GMA and they showed now there is some kind of app someone can put on their phone and all it takes is for you to leave a wallet/purse unattended, they put the phone on top for a couple of seconds and they will have all of your card info. It's crazy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:46 PM
Ugh. Theives are the worst. Good thing they caught it!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:50 PM
I don't. I haven't used my card in over a week. I just got a random phone call from my bank's fraud department asking if I was travelling or out of town. They said they were concerned about a purchase made in Houston with card number ending in XXXX at the Finish Line. I had to Google what that even was. So...I have no idea how the number was stolen.

Quoting EntrepeneurMom: Sorry, I'm glad you're getting your money back though. Do you know what happened?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:53 PM
We had something similar happen. Only the person used our card information for lyft.com, a taxi service. Overreacted our account $200 in a night. Thank goodness I check my account daily and had the card cancelled. However, it took like 3 weeks for the bank to "investigate" and refund us the money.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:56 PM
I dont get why people feel the need to steal from others. I think if you want stuff you should have to work for it.
mcsmom1
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:56 PM

This happened to me Saturday.  Someone used my debit in San Antonio at HEB for $216.00.  I still have my card, so I can't figure out how they did it without the card?  Anyway, it pisses me off because now I have to wait for another debit card. This happened last year with the Target security breach. It's getting ridiculous!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)