• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pleasantly surprised and BEYOND impressed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
2 moms liked this
with the way Michael Brown's family is handling the news that Officer Wilson will not face charges. They came out saying please do not riot, do not answer violence with violence, and be peaceful. I wish more than anything that people will listen but so far it doesn't sound like that's happening so far as shots have already been fired. Hoping and praying for safety for all tonight.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Bump!
redo
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:13 PM
You would think people would respect the family's wishes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:15 PM
I agree. If the family, who is hurting so awfully, can say that violence isn't right, how can others not?

Quoting redo: You would think people would respect the family's wishes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:16 PM

It's all an act. If they were serious, they'd ask hatemongers like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to leave.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:18 PM
Here comes travon Martin all over.. Next please
redo
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:21 PM
Because they aren't really doing it in support of the family. It's an excuse.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I agree. If the family, who is hurting so awfully, can say that violence isn't right, how can others not?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:23 PM
I hope they are sincere. I'm truly worried and scared for everyone involved. It's already getting awful there. Police cars being tipped over, rocks and bottles thrown at officers.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

It's all an act. If they were serious, they'd ask hatemongers like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to leave.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:25 PM
So sad. It's not going to help anything, just ruin their own town, cause injury, and further divide the communities.

Quoting redo: Because they aren't really doing it in support of the family. It's an excuse.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I agree. If the family, who is hurting so awfully, can say that violence isn't right, how can others not?

redo
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:28 PM
Agreed.

There are plenty of others who have stuck with peaceful protests. They aren't hurting their own cause. But they get drowned out by the stupid people.

Which makes it worse, really.

Quoting Anonymous 1: So sad. It's not going to help anything, just ruin their own town, cause injury, and further divide the communities.

Quoting redo: Because they aren't really doing it in support of the family. It's an excuse.

readyforhim
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:28 PM

sadly they think riots is demonstrating, if there are riots, the devastation will be felt for years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)