• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband deserves the award for best husband in the world

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I've had the worst morning sickness that lasts all day. I'm 11 weeks pregnant so hopefully it will let up soon!

Well, he was giving me my medicine with a glass of water and there happened to be something dirty in the cup. (You know how sometimes the dishwasher leaves crumbs behind...ew) I saw it and it hit the wrong switch.

I puked all over the coffee table. I tried to go for an empty cup that was near by, but oh lord it was so gross.

He tossed me a dish towel as I get up to run to the bathroom to finish. I'm peeing all over myself and puking up every bite I ate earlier while he's cleaning up my mess.

Bless him because he laughs and says it's okay babe! He cleaned up the whole mess.

Let's here some stories about your wonderful husbands too!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:49 PM
Side note: does anyone know how to clean out your sinuses? There's vomit in unspeakable places inside my skull.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:56 PM
When I tell people my DH would walk through fire for me, I mean that literally. We'd only been married a couple of months, and there was a grass fire that spread across the pasture and got close enough that it melted the siding on our house. We were trying to get out, but I got turned around and disoriented in the smoke. I started to panic because I couldn't see. He was already in the clear before he realized I hadnt followed. Suddenly I could see him running through the smoke toward me. It was just like in the movies lol.
stargazerwolf
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:01 PM

Aw. Get a Netipot, usually in the pharmacy area of most stores, that'll clean out your sinuses safely.

cbk_mom3
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

My DH has never ceased to amaze me. If ever a man took his marriage vows of "In sickness and in health" seriously, it's him. Up until about 5 years ago, I had a bad hip, that caused me such pain. About all I could do was sit and cry, the pain was so bad. He would come home from work, do everything that needed to be done, lift me off the couch, into my wheelchair, roll me to bed, and lift me into bed, since my leg was useless except to cause pain. It turned out it was a birth defect, that I was born without a hip socket on the left side, and the joint had rubbed against the leg bone, down to nothing. I had hip replacement surgery, and I'm fine now, but he literally walked through the worst time of my life with me, and when most men would have walked out, he was right there, the whole time. Glad to hear your DH is taking such good care of you, OP. Hope that morning sickness eases up soon. Bless your heart, I know how it is.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:03 PM
Man I hated throwing up so hard i peed myself!!! Good luck and congrats

Quoting Anonymous 1: I've had the worst morning sickness that lasts all day. I'm 11 weeks pregnant so hopefully it will let up soon!

Well, he was giving me my medicine with a glass of water and there happened to be something dirty in the cup. (You know how sometimes the dishwasher leaves crumbs behind...ew) I saw it and it hit the wrong switch.

I puked all over the coffee table. I tried to go for an empty cup that was near by, but oh lord it was so gross.

He tossed me a dish towel as I get up to run to the bathroom to finish. I'm peeing all over myself and puking up every bite I ate earlier while he's cleaning up my mess.

Bless him because he laughs and says it's okay babe! He cleaned up the whole mess.

Let's here some stories about your wonderful husbands too!
kee1006b
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Netti pot.  Just thoroughly clean it.  Anyway, hubby story.  Today, hormones running rampant, one of those first day of period day.  I had to bake a sugar free carrot cake for my aunts 70 th bday.  First trip to the store, thought I had everything.  Start putting the cake together, and I can't find my coconut.  Whaaaaa,, kee Melton.  Run to store to get coconut.  No prob for hubby who worked a 9 hour shift.  Start putting icing together.  wTF, can't find my lemon juice, back to the store for the 3rd time.  Last freaking thing I needed to get this damned cake done.  He does it, come in, grabs my hand, pulls me near him, grabs my cheeks, and kisses me.  "I love you girl.  Now fucking relax."

Quoting Anonymous 1: Side note: does anyone know how to clean out your sinuses? There's vomit in unspeakable places inside my skull.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:05 PM

I casually tossed into convo today that I was changing my medication regimine.  he casually tossed back that that might be nice.  how much more can a woman ask for?  I think the very luckiest day of my entire life was when he found me.  didn't know I was lost, but boy was I ever!  he's a keeper!

kee1006b
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:06 PM

I have tons of stories about hubby.  From random flowers to him telling his mother that if she continues she will lose.  He'll side with me.  He's just great.

MilkLover0203
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:08 PM
Awe, I have lots of good husband stories but I can't stop laughing at you. Only cause I've been there. My second pregnancy, I threw up all day, every day, the entire pregnancy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:36 PM

If it was possible to die of embarassment, I would have on this day. Dh and I had been married for about a month, and were still learning how to live together. One night, I had such a horrid headache that I puked in bed as I attempted to roll onto my side. And to make matters worse, I also peed myself without even noticing. I managed to get up, and bolted to the bathroom in tears.

Dh followed a few minutes later to make sure I was ok. I was still sitting naked in the tub, fumbling with the knobs. He refused to let me do anything, instead making me lie back with my head on the bath pillow while he filled the tub with hot water and my favorite bubble bath. Then he said 'I'll be back in three minutes.' He stripped the bed, started the wash, and came back in with a glass of water and Excedrin.

He stayed up almost the whole night with me, making sure I got out of the tub safely and into the freshly made bed. Then, he massaged my neck and shoulders until I was able to fall asleep.

Cheers to our amazing men! They can be boneheads at times, but then they do something that makes you think 'yeah, I'll keep this one.' :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)