Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

strange issue need help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I have something I've never had happen before happening now. I know a lot of you have medical knowledge or have varied problems . Maybe someone can help. I'm severely anemic according to my bloodwork today. The Dr wants to see me first thing tomorrow . I've had it before but this is different, it feels different . I have extreme migraine, a spotted rash almost like Ive been poked by needles all over they are tiny red bumps. I can't focus and shake. The nurse mentioned aplastic anemia? I think I heard that right. I don't know if that's serious or what. Anyone have experience or knowledge? I was told Id be having more tests and bring an overnight bag in case What's that about? I'm way stressed. If anyone can share it'd help.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:05 PM
Bump
Anonymous
Bump
Anonymous
Bump
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:07 PM
If it's the worst headache of your life you are supposed to go to the hospital
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:08 PM
Google.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:09 PM
Well idk about that type but I was/am severely anemic also and my dr put me on supplements. It has taken a long time to feel decent again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:12 PM
I'm waiting on DH to get home. Called our on call dr and he said they will meet me at ER. My white count is way low and they are worried enough since my sugar is way off according to my glucose meter. I'm scared.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Well idk about that type but I was/am severely anemic also and my dr put me on supplements. It has taken a long time to feel decent again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:14 PM
Good luck! Im sure it will be ok.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm waiting on DH to get home. Called our on call dr and he said they will meet me at ER. My white count is way low and they are worried enough since my sugar is way off according to my glucose meter. I'm scared.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Well idk about that type but I was/am severely anemic also and my dr put me on supplements. It has taken a long time to feel decent again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:19 PM
If they suspect aplastic anemia, you'll get bloodwork and probably a bone marrow aspiration as well. The red dots are petechiae (bleeding under the skin) and pretty common in aplastic anemia. As far as the headache, since its severe id go to the er just as a precaution. GL to you <3
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)