Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you're poor and don't spend much for the holidays...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

what kinds of gifts to you buy for your kids?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsmoonbeam
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:19 PM
My son is 14 I may get him a sega game system they have them at Dollar general for 40$ Maybe a erector set he loves building things.
lstrickland
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:19 PM
Puzzles, needs (like clothes), one really wanted gift, new flashlights, candy, additions to existing toys ( bullets for nerf guns), and an experience. We like to include a trip, such as we are giving ours a trio to Texas for spring break.
MissusCleaver
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:24 PM
Lots of filler stuff that I know they enjoy. Things like board games and crafty stuff. Fun things to do on days off of school. Usually a new pair of shoes and clothes (all on clearance or sale of course) and usually one big present and a medium present that they really wanted. I have a $100 budget per child for 3 children this year. They will each be getting a tablet ($29.99) and some things they want.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:27 PM
Some ideas for you:

Santa - toothbrush, candy, mittens/ scarf from flea market or dollar store, dvd from discount bin

Gifts - clothes bought from resale store or group, art/ craft kit, toy cars, off brand Barbie or resale Barbie, stuffed animal

Look on resale sites like varage sale. You can find nice things on there.
lannied
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this

new jammies for christmas eve (family tradition) something to wear, something to read, something for fun not that we're poor(not that we are rich by any means) but i don't see spending a ton of money to over whelm kids with toys i like the simple i guess

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:28 PM
I am low income (under $20,000) and I start a layaway right before Halloween. My son got a new bike, Lego sets, Percy Jackson book series, mp3 player, new Nerf bow and arrow set, and a few other small things. My dd got a skateboard, an mp3 player, art supplies, a messenger bag, a new journal, Immortal Instruments book series, and concert tickets to a show she wanted to see.

My payments are between 50-70 every two weeks and it'll be paid off mid December.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:40 AM
I got my 2 year old:

3 books
2 sets of flash cards
A set of toy dinosaurs
Play doh garbage truck set
Finger puppets
Wooden blocks
Alphabet fridge magnets
2 toy trucks

Spent a little over $100 total.
purplerobin
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:43 AM

What tablet are you getting them?

Quoting MissusCleaver: Lots of filler stuff that I know they enjoy. Things like board games and crafty stuff. Fun things to do on days off of school. Usually a new pair of shoes and clothes (all on clearance or sale of course) and usually one big present and a medium present that they really wanted. I have a $100 budget per child for 3 children this year. They will each be getting a tablet ($29.99) and some things they want.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:46 AM
Quoting purplerobin:

Quoting MissusCleaver: Lots of filler stuff that I know they enjoy. Things like board games and crafty stuff. Fun things to do on days off of school. Usually a new pair of shoes and clothes (all on clearance or sale of course) and usually one big present and a medium present that they really wanted. I have a $100 budget per child for 3 children this year. They will each be getting a tablet ($29.99) and some things they want.

Yeah, what tablet? I didn't know there were any that cheap.
MissusCleaver
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 9:22 AM
My SD found one at Walmart for $29.99 and it comes in different colors. I'm not sure what the name of it is. I'm not looking for it to be top of the line. I'm looking at replaceable if it gets broke LOL!

Quoting Anonymous 5:
Quoting purplerobin:

Yeah, what tablet? I didn't know there were any that cheap.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)