• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So pissed at dh for buying his dd a tablet!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 284 Replies
1 mom liked this
We had a Christmas budget of $1500. Most of that is for our five kids and then we spend 200-300 on the rest of the family. I had made some online purchases using our Christmas account. Then today I went to withdrawal a few hundred out to do some shopping. We only had $375 left! Dh spend over $700 on a tablet for his dd's Christmas present. That is half of our budget on one person! I'm pretty pissed,he was well aware of and agreed to this budget. He is still at work so we haven't really talked about it yet.I don't get that man sometimes!
Eta* Just talked to dh he bought her a I pad air 2. He said that she works
hard and deserves it. I guess I will be charging a few hundred in gifts this year. :(
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ms_amanda
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:30 PM
4 moms liked this
I would be livid. But, you should talk to him first to figure out the whole story. Maybe some if his family went in in it with him and will be paying him a portion of the costs? Either way tho, even if the thing only costed you guys a small amount, the fact that she's getting something that will be triple the amount that anyone else is getting would be enough for me to lose my shit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:34 PM
He paid for the whole amount out of our Christmas account.The only family he's got is his parents and they don't give the kids gifts.

Quoting ms_amanda: I would be livid. But, you should talk to him first to figure out the whole story. Maybe some if his family went in in it with him and will be paying him a portion of the costs? Either way tho, even if the thing only costed you guys a small amount, the fact that she's getting something that will be triple the amount that anyone else is getting would be enough for me to lose my shit.
talsey
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this
700 bucks for one tablet???
the_dude
by abides on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:05 AM
7 moms liked this

What tablet costs 700 bucks?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:05 AM
Well if nothing else .maybe you can return it.But talk to him to see what he was thinking before you get too mad.
BREN_da
by Brenda on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:07 AM
3 moms liked this
I paid $100 for two tablets. For my 8y.o. twins
the_dude
by abides on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Is it a drawing tablet? Or like a lenvo thinkpad tablet? those are the only tablets that would come close to that amount and that's stretching it especially if it's for a kid... 

AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:09 AM
3 moms liked this

I'd make sure it got returned. Yes it's nice that he wants to get her a tablet, but that's ridiculous to spend half the budget on one person... Maybe you guys need to set a per person limit if he can't figure this out.

missanc
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:10 AM
I wouldn't jump to any conclusions before I talked to my husband. Surely there must be some misunderstanding.
schultzal
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Holy cow, I'd be pissed. And what kind of tablet costs that much?!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)