Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you have done?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I lost my temper on a lady today.

I was with my kids, ds9 and ds2 at a bus stop.  DS2 was on some nearby stairs, it's just 4 stairs and he's learned to go up and down stairs by himself unassisted.  He was just standing on one and looking through the railing.  

I was talking to ds9 very close by, arms reach.

A lady came over and started saying hi to ds2.  I was watching, but didn't say anything. DS2 was obviously not enjoying the attention and went to walk away back towards me.  The lady took his hand and started to awkwardly "help" him go down the stairs (she was holding his arm too high and he's not used to being helped on the stairs).

I wasn't happy about that, but he was moving closer to me, and I was arm's reach so I didn't say anything, figuring she was just trying to be nice.

Then, she picked ds up, turned her back to me and took a few steps.  I didn't yell, but I was a bit loud and said "Put him down this instant!"

She turned to me and said "No, it's fine! Don't worry it's fine!"

I lost it.  I shouted at her, "Put him down NOW. No, it is NOT fine.  That isn't your kid, you don't get to say it's fine.  What is WRONG with you? Get the hell away from my kid NOW!!"

She seemed utterly confused, put him down and took off.

Seriously, people lack freaking boundaries! 

What would you have done?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hopee303
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:24 PM
Was she trying to kidnap him? And the moment she even touched my child i would have said something.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:25 PM

I don't think she was, she was just being overly friendly

Quoting hopee303: Was she trying to kidnap him? And the moment she even touched my child i would have said something.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Probably the same as you.

daenerys
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:26 PM

The same thing. Why did she think it was ok to start walking off with him? Maybe she thought you weren't paying attention. You don't just pick up someone else's kid.

hopee303
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:26 PM
People like that make me nervous

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I don't think she was, she was just being overly friendly

Quoting hopee303: Was she trying to kidnap him? And the moment she even touched my child i would have said something.

Leissaintexas
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:26 PM
In this day and age, I can't believe anyone thinks its OK to pick up a strangers child. She's lucky she didn't get tased or something.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:27 PM
Him him down now?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Well probably the same as you. Except if were my child, she wouldn't have gotten that close! At least enough to even touch him! But that's just me.
2babymomma
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:28 PM
I would have done the same thing
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:29 PM

I would of said the same thing, except her not him. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)