Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think it is racist to ....?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

Automatically assume that there would be riots after the verdict?  Like I was reading about businesses closing, etc, it is crazy how they just automatically assume that there would be riots just because he was black?

I bet it if was a white guy killed by a black cop they wouldn't have automatically assumed that therew ould be riots, and I doubt businesses would have closed.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:30 PM
I thought it was because of the rioting and looting that has happened since August. Also, businesses have previously been looted and vandalized.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:31 PM
People said they would. So yea I'm guessing places wanted to be ready.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:33 PM
No nothing racist in that .. Maybe a little presumptious or biased
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Thanks for the comments. Honestly, I didn't think there would be a single riot. Then I turn on the news and there are fires and a large group of people are TURNING OVER A POLICE CAR. Does anyone know if a cop was inside the cop car? I kind of wonder if the cop was black too. Like they overturned the police car of a black cop? Just wondering.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:33 PM

No.  It's simpy reality.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:34 PM
I thought the protests would remain peaceful. For the most part in other cities around the US, they are. It's just Ferguson that's kind of fucked up right now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:35 PM
Well ... they did riot before so I expected them to again.
ALEW1214
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I would assume there would be rioting because there has already been rioting.  If there had been no rioting I wouldn't assume rioting would happen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:36 PM

That's because in general. White people don't riot.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I bet it if was a white guy killed by a black cop they wouldn't have automatically assumed that therew ould be riots, and I doubt businesses would have closed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Well- it's called the truth.    There IS such a thing as "profiling".   The FBI knows and does it, Israel does- to keep their airports safe,  profiling... when you know how certain people are going to behave.

If it is racist then ALL of us are racists because we KNEW this was going to happen.   Everyone knew it. 

Animals. just animals.   And people say Preppers are nuts... look at how fast the animals run amok and loot and I bet people will die too before this is over.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)