Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

damn, she was not having any of that

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
Oh the stories of the L&d floor I can tell. One being today, this woman came in for an induction, she asked if she would be able to walk around, the nurse she got told her no she would have to stay in bed. The woman then said "either I be able to get up or I'm going home and waiting to go into labor" the nurse argued with her and the woman said "be quiet because you aren't going to make me stay in the bed". I don't blame her for being like that though, an older nurse said she was in labor for 18 hours and she was 8 cm and then she got up and she dilated to 10 in like 20 minutes.

Would you have been mad at the woman? Because I don't blame her
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AppleJaxx
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:48 PM
I'd be pissed if someone had told me to stay in bed during labor lol
smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:49 PM
When I was induced I was able to get up want walk around. The IV tubes were long enough, and the pole was mobile. It wasn't until the epidural that I was confined to my bed. Which was fine because I fell asleep, lol.

The woman was in the right, IMO.
starshine_17_02
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:49 PM
I don't blame her. She should be able to labor however she wants. And she felt she needed to walk around. What reason did the nurse have?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:49 PM
And I forgot to add that the woman had her baby in 8 hours, she's going home in the morning.

Quoting AppleJaxx: I'd be pissed if someone had told me to stay in bed during labor lol
Medic32
by Go PREDS! on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:50 PM
Why confine her?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:50 PM
I do not understand this hospitals rules honestly, if you have an iv in your arm you can't get up its stupid to me.

Quoting smorgan865: When I was induced I was able to get up want walk around. The IV tubes were long enough, and the pole was mobile. It wasn't until the epidural that I was confined to my bed. Which was fine because I fell asleep, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Hospital rules stupid enough

Quoting Medic32: Why confine her?
momasaurus420
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Psh, I do what i want! Lol power to her
smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Whaaaaat?! Oh that would drive me crazy!

Quoting Anonymous 1: I do not understand this hospitals rules honestly, if you have an iv in your arm you can't get up its stupid to me.

Quoting smorgan865: When I was induced I was able to get up want walk around. The IV tubes were long enough, and the pole was mobile. It wasn't until the epidural that I was confined to my bed. Which was fine because I fell asleep, lol.

Medic32
by Go PREDS! on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:52 PM
Well, if that is hospital policy, the nurse is required to abide by it.

The patient is free to seek treatment elsewhere

Quoting Anonymous 1: Hospital rules stupid enough

Quoting Medic32: Why confine her?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)