Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PARENTING QUESTION!!!

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:46 AM
  • 47 Replies
What time does your 3 almost 4 year old fall asleep every night ? Do you still make them take a nap during the day ???! AND what time do they wake up in the morning (if you're a stay at home mom and they don't attend daycare )

I ONLY ASK....

Because a mother I know fights her 3 almost 4 year old (in January) every single day to take a nap during the day . Even if she does take a nap during the day (between 12 and 4pm) she wants her to fall asleep by 7 or 8 . THEN she gets pissed that she's up between the hours of 5-7am . I only have a 1 year old but I think this is highly unreasonable . It's like she wants her to sleep all day and all night with no day time stimulation to run out all her energy . What do you ladies think ????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jblb
by Emerald Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:48 AM
Well my dd stopped napping at 2 and DS2 loves his naps. He is asleep again by 7:30pm.
shaunaleigh418
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:50 AM

My 4 and 6 year old are in bed by 8 pm. No naps. 6 year old is up at 7:30 am and the 4 year old is up by 9:30 am.

luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:50 AM
No naps, bed at 7 but awake times varied by kids so between 5 and 7.

If they napped by accident they'd be aske by 10 and wake up time was the same.
SendMeBabyDust
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:51 AM
What time is he up ??

Quoting Jblb: Well my dd stopped napping at 2 and DS2 loves his naps. He is asleep again by 7:30pm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SendMeBabyDust
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:52 AM
So being up between 5-7 is normal ?

Quoting luckysevenwow: No naps, bed at 7 but awake times varied by kids so between 5 and 7.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:53 AM

she takes an hour nap at pre-school and if she doesnt nap at school then we put her in for an afternoon nap for an hour, she goes to be at 8-830pm and she wakes up by 630am since she has school by 730am.

mstasha210
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:53 AM

When my 5 yo was that age, she took naps every day from about 12 to 2 or 3.  She would go to bed about 8 and wake up at 7 in the morning.  Even though she's in kinder now, she still takes naps.  They have rest time after recess and she always falls asleep.  But my kids have all loved naps.  Some don't.

tinybluemoon
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:54 AM
7.30. I don't like when they nap as it always threw off their routine.
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:55 AM
For some children it can be. My youngest was up at 5 am like a clock no matter what time she went to bed, and it was like that fr birth. She's 5 and just now starting to sleep a little later.

Quoting SendMeBabyDust: So being up between 5-7 is normal ?

Quoting luckysevenwow: No naps, bed at 7 but awake times varied by kids so between 5 and 7.

myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:56 AM
My 4 year olds go to bed at 8:30 every night and most days no naps.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)