Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas Gifts

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:17 AM
  • 15 Replies

Poll

Question: Xbox Or Tablets?

Options:

Xbox

Tablet

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 14

View Results

OK so my DH and I are trying to decide if we want to get our boys (ages 9-6) an xbox 360 OR individual tablets for Christmas. We're on a pretty tight budget considering we have 3 kids so this will be the only big gift they get from us. We're not fighting about it but we just can't decide. And No we can't afford an xbox one. 

Tablets would be cheaper (you can get decent ones for around 50 each)

But 360 is something we could all have fun on as a family.

What do you ladies think? And do you have any websites that can help me compare prices? 

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
uhhnogirl
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:19 AM
Pm sent.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:20 AM
Xbox
IggyAzalea
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:22 AM
I voted tablet because: cheaper. Either way they should be grateful.
mom2theA-team
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:25 AM

I would go with tablets. Fewer and fewer games will be sold for a standard 360. If you think they will want more games in the future, I would just hold off on it and go with tablets where you can frequently update games and content. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:28 AM

First off, I'd like to argue you cannot get decent tablets for $50 Maybe  $100 starting. That said I'd get them each their own tablet. It can be their own computer and e book reader.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:29 AM
Tablets, but my kids like wii u more than both if that's on the table at all.
2murphyboys
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:31 AM

I wish it was! I honestly just want to get the wii that we have fixed and upgraded and get a bunch of new games for it but DH says absolutely not. He wants something he can play too if we're going to mess with a console system at all.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Tablets, but my kids like wii u more than both if that's on the table at all.

dramaqueenizme
by Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:35 AM

We have 3 kids and we LOVE our xbox and they are $100 right now refurbished at game stop!!! You can get so e great games to play as a family and have a blast!!! We just spent $30 and got skylanders and all the pieces and had a lot of fun with the kids :) merry Christmas, I hope your all happy with whatever you decide!

Piskie
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:40 AM
Do they share well, or do things together? The Xbox could cause a lot of problems if they argue. . But the tablets could be no fun if they like doing things together....

I'd go for the Xbox,just because then you can grab some games and have fub
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:41 AM
Xbox, without a doubt.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)